No announcement yet.

Riley Aristocrat Tournament Champion v Burroughes and Watts table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing I did notice is these tables do not have the sliding tray for the triangle, hence the bargain price. LoL

Comment

Well spotted. They cost £2,500 for the soft closing type.

Comment

Spoke to Riley, they said Leighton Bailey their table fitter who fitted all the world championship tables is going to build this one for me. I guess buying a new table is like buying a new car, it has something about it. Like knowing you are the only one that has used it from new and any little patina or Mark over the years is from you or your family playing on it no somebody else. As in the car analogy; it's good to know that nobody hasn't thrown up in the back seats when you drive off the forecourt. Seriously though, I had a Riley table when I was six years old and thirty years later, I have the chance to have the table of my dreams, a snooker table that my two sons can also practice on. Though they are a little young at 4 years old and 21 months old so I will have to get them a mini table until they're a bit bigger.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
          Spoke to Riley, they said Leighton Bailey their table fitter who fitted all the world championship tables is going to build this one for me. I guess buying a new table is like buying a new car, it has something about it. Like knowing you are the only one that has used it from new and any little patina or Mark over the years is from you or your family playing on it no somebody else. As in the car analogy; it's good to know that nobody hasn't thrown up in the back seats when you drive off the forecourt. Seriously though, I had a Riley table when I was six years old and thirty years later, I have the chance to have the table of my dreams, a snooker table that my two sons can also practice on. Though they are a little young at 4 years old and 21 months old so I will have to get them a mini table until they're a bit bigger.
          It's just personal preference I guess. I would certainly take a brand new modern table over 2nd hand modern table but for me I'd have gone down the antique route - as I have. Under 2,500 installed I think the quality is incompatible to anything modern.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Old cue collector --
          Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
          (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Must say that is a very nice table indeed for an antique table. I just wanted something modern in the end for my home.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
              It's just personal preference I guess. I would certainly take a brand new modern table over 2nd hand modern table but for me I'd have gone down the antique route - as I have. Under 2,500 installed I think the quality is incompatible to anything modern.

That really is a lovely looking table, but I would be grabbing a handful of nothing every time a rest shot came up. I played on a table with the rest hangers a little lower than usual once, drove me nuts

Comment

Yep restless grabbing is a continuing problem!
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Old cue collector --
                Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
                (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Last year this Aristocrat steel cushioned table was £2995 as it stood in North wales as a private sale , the selling client having paid nearly £13k for it
                  sold to a client near where I live who contacted me to buy it and transport it for him , he also had a new cloth put on it and a brand new supreme prince pool table.

http://gclbilliards.com/for-sale-ril...to-sell-quick/

and after I dismantled transported it re-cover and installed it for a client

http://gclbilliards.com/full-size-ri...ll-nottingham/
                  [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Very good deal for somebody.

The bargains are certainly there for people prepared to shop around.
                    王可

Comment

Does sound like a bargain for the bargain hunters out there but does it have the same 25 year guarantee that Riley offer?

Comment

Does sound like a bargain for the bargain hunters out there but does it have the same 25 year guarantee that Riley offer?
                        Its not like a car or a laptop you know - its a snooker table - what can go wrong?

Comment

Plenty; theres no guarantee the slate has not been replaced or that it is cut from the same piece.

Comment

Plenty; theres no guarantee the slate has not been replaced or that it is cut from the same piece.
                            What does that matter ?
                            As long as table is able to be levelled where is the problem ?

Comment

That's the problem.

Comment

That's the problem.
                                Can't see any problem myself, would rather save 7K personally. If you are buying from people who also come to set it up everything will be fine, if not level don't pay pretty straightforward really

Comment

Working...
                                X