No announcement yet.

Riley Aristocrat Tournament Champion v Burroughes and Watts table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just like to have the 25 year guarantee backed up by Riley. Not just that, but I would rather buy a table built only once from the manufacturer where it will stay. Taking tables apart and putting back together in haulage numerous time must have an negative effect after a while. It's a personal thing though for sure on what you're willing to accept.

Comment

Do Riley guarantee that the slate is cut from the same piece , seems a very costly exercise .

And it doesn't enhance the table in anyway .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Riley Aristocrat Tournament Champion v Burroughes and Watts table

if you have a reputable table fitter I am sure they would cover any problems amicably.
        Of course consumables such as cloths rubbers nets leathers are extra when required

any way Mark good luck with your new table
        Don't forget to post before, during and after photos :biggrin:
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you. Yes, Riley guarantee that the slate is cut from the same piece.

Comment

Aye best of luck Mark, I'm fairly jealous if truth be told. Looking forward to the pictures, would be nice if we could get some action shots as they build it( don't want much do I lol).
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Buying one of these tables is not a problem. Finding the house or purpose built she'd in the garden with the space is the major stumbling block, living in London. :-(

Comment

Thanks guys! I have lived in London all my life living in apartments, and have only dreamed of having my own full size snooker table until now, that we have bought a new house. The the main criteria was that there was a drawing room big enough for the full size table.

Comment

I know a person who has a Riley steel cushioned Aristocrat for sale in Wolverhampton , he is sending some better photo's over to me as the ones he sent are not good photos
                  it will be a private sale direct from the seller in Wolverhampton and nothing to do with GCL billiards , but you can use Me to pick it up and deliver it and set it up if you wish , I have seen some photos and condition wise it looks in very good order , has a few chips out of underside of slate joint and no adjustable slate bears which I would recommend fitting

price he is asking for it is £2000 as it stands
                  [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Riley do not manufacture tables. Period. That stopped several years ago. They have a third party company build them. The slates are imported from Italy and are not cut from 1 piece. They are quarried and 5 pieces are machined as a set. 25 year guarantee! Covering what and Underwritten by whom? I would be surprised if Riley existed in 25 years.

At the end of the day buyers will make purchases based on what information is available and to suit ones budget. Having had over 25 years in the trade I know a little bit about table construction/installation and still have a passion for the game. I try to cater for potential clients needs at affordable prices. Riley can continue to do what they do and prey on the uninitiated.

Comment

Thank you Geoff the offer is much appreciated. Maryfield, I'm just going by what Riley themselves have told me. Yes it's cut from a single piece of slate. You will have to ask them the why's and the what's about their gaurantee but there's no need to be upset with them or me buying one. I've been playing the game for over thirty five years and don't see myself as prey or the uninitiated quite the opposite really. It's like a second hand car dealer being angry because Porsche or Ferrari are selling new cars? To have a second hand market there must be customers that prefer to buy things new. you can't knock them for it or the manufacturer.

Comment

I have bought the Aristocrat Tournament Champion match table with steel cushions from Riley. Thank you for all the advice. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
                          I have bought the Aristocrat Tournament Champion match table with steel cushions from Riley. Thank you for all the advice. Much appreciated.
                          enjoy the table Mark, it will provide you, your family and their future generations wonderful memories and endless hours of fun.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            enjoy the table Mark, it will provide you, your family and their future generations wonderful memories and endless hours of fun.
                            Or frustration, probably a bit of both

Comment

Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
                              Or frustration, probably a bit of both
                              Exactly so also Jonny! Cries of "how did that not go in" will always be heard no matter how much we practice or how awesome the snooker table is. It's a great leveller! ; )
                              ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
                                Thank you. Yes, Riley guarantee that the slate is cut from the same piece.
                                Always thought from old photo's in the slate quarries of wales ( not Italy ) that the slate is cut in sections from a solid block not one length , then the underside side it roughly leveled before they cut each to the same size to form 5 equal parts then doweled jointed .
                                then diamond honed level , if they are for match tables they should then be Hand floated to get the tolerance and diamond circular honing marks out required for a precise level .
                                I would suggest that the slate even form Italy is hard to get now , so you have a choice to import slate beds for snooker and pool tables , Brazil or China are I am informed the latest suppliers .
                                now I do not import tables or slate but I have noticed more and more tables manufactured since the 1980's on wards have very soft slate beds now .
                                for £13k or there about I would have thought Riley's would us the best slate available and that is Welsh slate .

A table selling for that amount with soft slate on , is I would say just not up to standard or build quality but hen again even Star tables are not up to it , I have seen many tables with bad slates on them over the years many built around the 1980's onward's
                                I will say most Match Quality Riley Aristocrats have good slate's on them for level from New , but are still manufactured out of the softer slate , This baffles me when they can give a 25 year warranty on the slate bed
                                they should all have adjustable slate bearers on them to stop sagging , but if I could give you any advice on this soft slate it is , DO NOT PUT HEAT UNDER THEM . short term it is ok , but years of heating will warp the slate and that's form over 40 years of experience fitting .

the sooner we take control of quality and start manufacturing a table back here in the UK out of UK sourced slate beds the better .

just my view
                                [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
                                X