Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Levelling a pool table

Hi
    I have a 7ftx4ft supreme winner pool table with a 6811 cloth on it based at a customers.
    They seem to have a problem keeping it level and always runs off to the bottom right of the table.
    the cloth is 4 months old and slightly loose in the racking area could this be an issue?
    also it sits on carpet, when i go out i get it leveled then within a few days they call saying its off again.
    Has anyone have any idea or tips it would be most appericated.
    Many thanks

Originally Posted by Bcurtis25 View Post
    Hi
    I have a 7ftx4ft supreme winner pool table with a 6811 cloth on it based at a customers.
    They seem to have a problem keeping it level and always runs off to the bottom right of the table.
    the cloth is 4 months old and slightly loose in the racking area could this be an issue?
    also it sits on carpet, when i go out i get it leveled then within a few days they call saying its off again.
    Has anyone have any idea or tips it would be most appericated.
    Many thanks
    Carpet and then you have underlay - its really not the best to keep a heavy table on as it gets pressed.

Not sure why its only sinking on one side though - is the table heavier on that side for some reason?

Comment

Best person to ask on here or email him in person is Geoff Large of GCL Billiards.

Comment

Cloth should not be loose

is the floor floorboards or concrete

is the body warped by people sitting on the table this makes the body sag and in turn the slate will dip to the body shape http://gclbilliards.com/the-nations-...or-this-event/ look at these you will see that I have stapled strips of cloth to the top edge of the thin planks that support the slate bed along its length , add another shorter and more if required to lift centre of slate level with the ends , but only of the table is sagging do this .

turn all feet to uppermost position right inside the legs , find highest spot and turn other 3 feet down until level , the more thread you keep inside the legs of the feet the more sturdy the table is and will not rock , if you like an high table then you run the risk of wobbly feet .
        also check legs bolts are tight

if you have floor boards then people simply standing on the floor close to the table could make a ball run off .
        the more solid the floor is the better
        if you have thick carpet then maybe stand the table on a square of thick block board .

last but not least , Brush and iron the table on a regular basis , if you cannot afford a proper £215 Dowsing iron the get one of these http://gclbilliards.com/alternative-...t-just-29-99p/
        available on line posted to you for just £29.99p
        Last edited by Geoff Large; 27 April 2017, 08:02 PM.
        [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

As always, Geoff is absolutely correct!

Wooden floors move. In most cases this doesn't matter but with something like a snooker or pool table, which has to be as close to dead level as possible, it makes a big difference. Changes in temperature and humidity will cause boards, and the unerlying joists, to shift. I doubt if there is any solution short of replacing the floor.

Fortunately my snooker room has a concrete floor. The rest of the house, except the kitchen wing, is boards. I find that various items of furniture go in and out of vertical from time to time. I think this is probably not too noticable with fitted carpets but here I am on polished boards so there is no carpet "gasket" to take up the differences. When I bought my table Geoff supplied me with a large range of shims. I use these under furniture to get it level. So, for example, the upright piano in my office currently has 2 shims under the front casters. Those are of slightly different thicknesses. That seems to have got it level for the time being.
          王可

Comment

Working...
          X