Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tight pockets on 8ft table

Hi all

I’ve made an order for an 8ft table and now I have some doubt about pocket size.
    As I’d like to have a quite challenging table, I was thinking about 80/81mm for corner pockets and 95/96mm for middle pockets (I’ve read in some threads here that another important factor is to avoid undercut).

What do you think about these sizes? Do you have any suggest?

It really depends on the cloth aswell and how regularly this is changed.

I have a friend who practices with Frazer Patrick, I know him to say hi to and he's done my tip a couple of times but not spoke to him much about tables. But according to my mate who has spoke to him about his set up then he had the pockets cut to WPBSA template which is about 82-83 at the fall but because he's not fitting brand new number 10's every 3 weeks you just couldn't pot a ball along the rail once the cloth had worn slightly.

His pockets were opened up to about 85mm at the fall and now he says it's more like what he played on the pro tables.

80/81 depending on the slate bevel might be a nightmare for getting them in along the rail if your not fitting a brand new cloth every few weeks.

Comment

At only 8 foot its not going to be very challenging 😜

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post
        It really depends on the cloth aswell and how regularly this is changed.

I have a friend who practices with Frazer Patrick, I know him to say hi to and he's done my tip a couple of times but not spoke to him much about tables. But according to my mate who has spoke to him about his set up then he had the pockets cut to WPBSA template which is about 82-83 at the fall but because he's not fitting brand new number 10's every 3 weeks you just couldn't pot a ball along the rail once the cloth had worn slightly.

His pockets were opened up to about 85mm at the fall and now he says it's more like what he played on the pro tables.

80/81 depending on the slate bevel might be a nightmare for getting them in along the rail if your not fitting a brand new cloth every few weeks.
        I didn't know that aspect about cloth wear.
        Anyway I will have the table fitted with Hainsworth Match and I won't change cloth every month, but I took a look at old IBSF template drawings and corner pockets are 81mm and middle ones about 95mm.

Comment

81mm would be too tight for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
            81mm would be too tight for me.
            It is surely tight, but with a table that small I won’t go too far from 81

Comment

Working...
            X