Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• northern rubber cushions: worth it?

Hi

I'm planning to do a little refurbishment on my snooker table ...
    new cloth, new cushion rubbers, etc.

It seems to me that every advertized "high quality" table features steel block cuhsions with northern rubber so they're good for sure.

I'm just a casual player, but I like to have my stuff in proper condition.
    A set of northern rubber cushions costs about 6 times more than value-stuff.
    (at least that's what I found in the online shops here on the continent)

So ... would it be better to go for the cheap stuff and maybe change the rubber e.g. every time when putting up new cloth, or go for the expensive version?

What would you suggest?

I think the more expensive approach would benefit you in the long run, but you must remember that the rubber cushions should be triangular in shape and molded with the conventional K-66 profile with a base of 1 3/16" and a nose height of 1", with control fabric molded to the top and base area of the cushion.The balance of the rail section to which the rubber cushion is glued should be of hardwood construction and attached to the slate bed with a minimum of three heavy duty, threaded rail bolts per rail.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply :9
      But are you sure about the K-66 profile?
      As far as I've seen, those profiles are only available for pool-table cushions.

All snooker rubbers seem to be L-13

e.g:

Comment

Yes, you are right No.13 for snooker and No 9 for "English" Pool, both L shaped. There are few alternatives, but Northern Rubber is reckoned to be the best, most consistent and longest lasting.

Comment

get northern rubber
          The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
          X