Shifting a full size table advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifting a full size table advice

Hi I help run a club with full size table. We need to move a couple sideways for a Christmas event. Any advice / experience on how to go about doing this welcome;i.e are there specific points to lift, do you use slings or any other comments / advice welcomed. E mail advice welcomed too to slatermail@talktalk.net

Thanks to anyone kind enough to advise

you would do well to get the table lifted by "enough bodies", though its not impossible.

removing the slates first would be ideal

Comment

you can move them using rollers but it's not advisable. Much better you get fitters in to do it properly.
      "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

Thanks to all

I would like to thank those who have replied, it was very nice of you. Tim, snooker dad's idea with beer trays is just the ticket, blessings on you for helping!

Andie

Comment

Originally Posted by Andie Slater View Post
          I would like to thank those who have replied, it was very nice of you. Tim, snooker dad's idea with beer trays is just the ticket, blessings on you for helping!

Andie
          This post a bit old now , but looking back at this post I have a word of warning about trying to move a full size table in such a manner through experience of seeing the outcome .
          about 20 years ago the local co-op in long eaton decided to close down its sports club and playing fields for new housing , the members where up in arms and they could do nothing about it , on the last day of opening they decided to have a wild party , Free beer until it had all gone , they also got a Group and DJ in for entertainment , one problem with all the members coming to give the club a last farewell send off , they needed more space for Dancing , Ahh said one comittee man lets just shift the two Billiard tables over to the far wall , about 16 men got round the table and moved the first one with ease as it was a solid square leg , the other was a Burroughs and watts turned and fluted leg , as they dragged it across the floor 5 legs snapped off and it came crashing down , just missing 6 peoples legs as the slate's slid off the side with cushions attached , if they had fell on anyone then their legs and knee joints would have been crushed , if it had fell on their rib cage it would have killed them .
          You see the legs on some tables are in two pieces and are dowl jointed at the square bolt block , over time the glue dries out and the legs become loose , if you drag a table across the floor the legs will sepperate as in this case .
          I was sent for to clean the mess up , I had to get the local fire station to come with inflatable jacks so that I could prop the table up on beer barrels and dismantle it .
          Never try and move a table in one piece , I,ve seen it done a few times by differant methods from jacking up and putting on wheels which can be done very well if you have the correct wheels to just waxing the floor and sliding .
          and it will not do the slate joints any good .
          The best way to move a table is a Full dismantle .

Geoff
          [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Working...
          X