Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get chalk-marks out of the cloth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get chalk-marks out of the cloth?

How do you get the chalk marks out of the cloth? Do you need a cloth cleaner, such as this:

http://www.thurston.co.uk/Pages/Prod...ID=A6540&page=

or will a good horsehair brush do the job?
    Last edited by Robert602; 7 January 2009, 05:24 PM. Reason: fixed link
    Mobo: GA-P35-S3
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
    GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
    RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
    Sound: Audigy 4

I hope you don't use the blue pool chalk, that is always a bit of a problem.

Comment

I'm afraid I have, it's what came with the table, so it's the only chalk I have. This was before I found out that Green Triangle was the best. I have Green coloured Triangle chalk coming tomorrow, so I won't have to use the blue one anymore, but I hope there's a way to get rid of the marks that are there now. There aren't all that many, but the ones that are there, I'd like gone. The Triangle chalk won't mark the cloth or balls up nearly as much, will it?

Comment

I've never seen that cloth cleaner before, I've heard of Ambersil but I never knew they did a cloth cleaner!

Anyway, you shouldn't need anything more than a good quality table brush to get any chalk marks out. Tables need to be regularly brushed and ironed anyway as it helps keep the cloth clean and running fast and ironing helps protect the nap and prolongs the life of the cloth.

Comment

Originally Posted by DavisFan76 View Post
          I'm afraid I have, it's what came with the table, so it's the only chalk I have. This was before I found out that Green Triangle was the best. I have Green coloured Triangle chalk coming tomorrow, so I won't have to use the blue one anymore, but I hope there's a way to get rid of the marks that are there now.
          well, better wait for the green chalk, it does have less grease (sorry, don't know the correct term in englisch) and is quite easy to get rid of. blue chalk marks on balls can get rid of with a special ball cleaner and a micro cloth. if you played a lot with the blue chalk you wont get all the blue marks away anymore.

you will do more chalking with the green one as it doesnt stick that good on your tip as the blue pool chalk.

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
            well, better wait for the green chalk, it does have less grease (sorry, don't know the correct term in englisch) and is quite easy to get rid of. blue chalk marks on balls can get rid of with a special ball cleaner and a micro cloth. if you played a lot with the blue chalk you wont get all the blue marks away anymore.

you will do more chalking with the green one as it doesnt stick that good on your tip as the blue pool chalk.
            Chalk arrived today. It's a good thing it's easy to get rid of, because it marks the cloth far more than the blue one! Good thing is, it doesn't mark the cueball much, if at all.

Edit: I didn't use the blue chalk all that much, so hopefully the marks will go.
            Last edited by DavisFan76; 8 January 2009, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Don't discard the blue chalk too soon, it does have uses......

STEP 1. Have 2 or 3 beers in the evening.

STEP 2. Grab your chalk.

STEP 3. Go outside for a smoke.

STEP 4. Throw your chalk at any bats....
              Highest Break
              Practice: 136 (2005)
              Match: 134 (2006)
              In 2011: 94
              Centuries made: 50+

Comment

Originally Posted by thinsy View Post
                Don't discard the blue chalk too soon, it does have uses......

STEP 1. Have 2 or 3 beers in the evening.

STEP 2. Grab your chalk.

STEP 3. Go outside for a smoke.

STEP 4. Throw your chalk at any bats....
                Or at any cats/foxes/other nocturnal animals that are making too much noise in your garden at night and stopping you from sleeping...

Comment

Simple.
                  You know how you beat a rug on a line to get the dirt out?
                  You beat the marks out of the baize with the person who used blue chalk instead of green Triangle.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Well, my Triangle Chalk arrived today (along with nice, shiny Aramith Premier snooker balls) and as soon as I tried a screw back, I got tons backspin, whereas before I was hardly getting any. Don't know if that's the chalk, the balls, or a combination of both, but something's changed for the better, that's for sure!! Now I can actually play properly! :snooker:

Comment

Or at any cats/foxes/other nocturnal animals that are making too much noise in your garden at night and stopping you from sleeping...
                      I don't know if my missus would to happy about that!

Getting a piece of chalk thrown at you is no laughing matter.
                      Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

You can use a cloth cleaner, but I normally use a light vacuum. I start vacuuming the table from the D side of the table, vertically down to the end of the table. Keep doing that, until it looks clean. Do not vacuum from the end side to the D, because the cloth was made to be vacuumed from the D side down. Also, I also use a Table brush to brush any marks from the D side of the table to the end. If your table is really in a mess, i.e. with graffiti, food marks, tons of chalk, etc grab a damp clean cloth and gently clean down any mess or dirt from the D side of the table down. I would also recommend you to clean the cue ball often, as that really takes a beating out of all the balls. I use toothpaste, and found that a lot of chalk marks came out from the cue ball, by rubbing it in a circular motion, applying a little water each time, although don't use toothpaste to clean a snooker table, you'll ruin it then!

Happy cleansing!
                        http://i50.tinypic.com/oi62rr.jpg
                        "Ronnie is very special. He's a genius - snooker's equivalent of Mozart." Ebdon

http://u.youku.com/user_show/uid_snookerfan92

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan92 View Post
                          You can use a cloth cleaner, but I normally use a light vacuum. I start vacuuming the table from the D side of the table, vertically down to the end of the table. Keep doing that, until it looks clean. Do not vacuum from the end side to the D, because the cloth was made to be vacuumed from the D side down. Also, I also use a Table brush to brush any marks from the D side of the table to the end. If your table is really in a mess, i.e. with graffiti, food marks, tons of chalk, etc grab a damp clean cloth and gently clean down any mess or dirt from the D side of the table down. I would also recommend you to clean the cue ball often, as that really takes a beating out of all the balls. I use toothpaste, and found that a lot of chalk marks came out from the cue ball, by rubbing it in a circular motion, applying a little water each time, although don't use toothpaste to clean a snooker table, you'll ruin it then!

Happy cleansing!
                          Thanks for the advice, but I have some Aramith Ball Cleaner, so I'll use that for the balls!! Has anyone else heard of vacuuming a snooker table? Also, graffiti? Food marks? What the hell have you been doing with your table to get it in that state?? Food ain't allowed anywhere near my table...

Comment

Well, my Triangle Chalk arrived today (along with nice, shiny Aramith Premier snooker balls) and as soon as I tried a screw back, I got tons backspin, whereas before I was hardly getting any. Don't know if that's the chalk, the balls, or a combination of both, but something's changed for the better, that's for sure!! Now I can actually play properly! :snooker:
                            I think it's the chalk, because I tried backspin with the rubbishy balls that came with the table, and still got lots of work on the ball! And that's with an 11mm screw in tip, nothing special!!

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but I have some Aramith Ball Cleaner, so I'll use that for the balls!! Has anyone else heard of vacuuming a snooker table? Also, graffiti? Food marks? What the hell have you been doing with your table to get it in that state?? Food ain't allowed anywhere near my table...
                              I said IF your table has graffiti or food marks use a cloth, I didn't say I had food marks or graffiti on my table. You really think my table is full of crap like graffiti and food marks?? I don't know about your table, but I ain't got a speck of dirt of my table. I keep it in tip top condition.. No food or drink is even allowed in the room where my snooker table is.
                              Last edited by snookerfan92; 8 January 2009, 09:50 PM. Reason: mistake made, DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              http://i50.tinypic.com/oi62rr.jpg
                              "Ronnie is very special. He's a genius - snooker's equivalent of Mozart." Ebdon

http://u.youku.com/user_show/uid_snookerfan92

Comment

Working...
                              X