Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meirlodge Snooker Ltd.

Hi,

I would be very thankful for some helping hands of recognizing and finding some info about the company in the title "Meirlodge Snooker Ltd."

I have come across a snookertable which is named Meirlodge Snooker Ltd. Made in England. It belong to a little society for students in sweden. It has to be sold as we loose our accomodation, please help with information if you can!

Which is the quality of the table?
    Does the company exist today?
    How old is it?
    Did they produce many brands?
    a.s.o....

Thanks!
    Christian Karlsson

Try google and wikipedia

Comment

The table is modern.

Meirlodge were originally based in Willenhall in the late 1970s and moved to Walsall, West Midlands in 1984. I can't say I know much about them, other than they no longer exist, but as they have operated within living memory I'm sure there will be some who can give you more information.

Comment

i worked for meirlodge snooker as an apprentice joiner/fitter from jan 1990 to nov 1990 thats when they ceased trading. i really loved working there and the tables was really well made. they was based in darlastan in the west midlands. i wished they was still there cuz it was the best job ive ever had, i used to play on the match table in the reception on dinnertimes, i'll tell you some storys about the place when i got more time.

cheers

neil

Comment

Im from Willenhall but i dont remember the name. Was they the same people who made crossbows around that time?

Comment

the people who made the crossbows was 'barnett' based in dock meadow drive, lanesfield, i was almost employed by them too, as i am also crossbow mad and used to make them as a hobby.

neil

Comment

Thanks your information is really good and helpful, i really appreciate your help.

cheers
              Christian

Comment

Meirlodge

Originally Posted by charlatan71 View Post
                i worked for meirlodge snooker as an apprentice joiner/fitter from jan 1990 to nov 1990 thats when they ceased trading. i really loved working there and the tables was really well made. they was based in darlastan in the west midlands. i wished they was still there cuz it was the best job ive ever had, i used to play on the match table in the reception on dinnertimes, i'll tell you some storys about the place when i got more time.

cheers

neil
                Hi charlatan71,

You may be able to help me. See my new thread today (11 Feb 09) re Meirlodge tables.

Thanks,

JohnnieB

Comment

Working...
                X