X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hand/finger marks on snooker cloth

Hi guys

need some help

Ive had my table up for around a month. I would say it gets used a minimum of 3-4 hours a day

I have the 6811 tournament cloth.

I am seeing finger/hand marks on the cloth, it looks like where friends have pushed up against the nap

Ive napped and ironed the table although not as bad as they were they are still visible. Any ideas on how to get rid of these?

Hope you guys know what I mean

Brush it, block it, iron it. They will go. It might need doing more often.
    王可

Comment

It can also b grease marks from hands so we use Ambersil Snooker/Pool Cloth Cleaner Spray

Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
        Brush it, block it, iron it. They will go. It might need doing more often.
        Too much ironing isn't good for the life of the cloth

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
        It can also b grease marks from hands so we use Ambersil Snooker/Pool Cloth Cleaner Spray
        I'll give the Ambersil a shot. It was something I didn't want to use tbh.

Any recommendations on how it should be used or how you use it to get best results

Comment

Agreed, so don't overdo it.
          王可

Comment

would have thought brushing was more damaging to a cloth than ironing?
            (not counting too high a temperature of course)
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by AmarZain View Post

I'll give the Ambersil a shot. It was something I didn't want to use tbh.

Any recommendations on how it should be used or how you use it to get best results
              Personally I brush and block the table first.
              I then spray it about 2 foot from the cloth all over and leave for 15 minutes for it to settle in.
              I then brush the table with a decent horse hair brush (not cheap) and then block again. After a bout half an hour I'll iron it.

This is just me and I'm sure others will do it differently as there aren't any instruction on this tin.

I also remark the table afterwards when dry and it looks great then.
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                would have thought brushing was more damaging to a cloth than ironing?
                (not counting too high a temperature of course)
                Not sure Dean, I've always been told and seen in tutorials too that too much ironing isn't good for the cloth

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

Personally I brush and block the table first.
                I then spray it about 2 foot from the cloth all over and leave for 15 minutes for it to settle in.
                I then brush the table with a decent horse hair brush (not cheap) and then block again. After a bout half an hour I'll iron it.

This is just me and I'm sure others will do it differently as there aren't any instruction on this tin.

I also remark the table afterwards when dry and it looks great then.
                Will give it a go once to see how well it works. thanks

Comment

Working...
                X