New cloth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
    Our fitter turned up at 10.30pm last night , the amount of gear that he carried up the stairs was amazing . And he put it right next to our table that me and my mate play on . So fingers crossed we will have a new cloth on it tonight .
    What’s he putting on? Strachan? Hainsworth?
    Tables at my club get done during the day. Nightmare if you’re trying to play on one of the other tables! Hammering, banging, electric drills/screwdrivers going. Does my head in lol. Always just stop playing and watch the guy. Joy to watch. If he’s in a good mood he gives me an off-cut to make up napping blocks.
    Last edited by Nifty50; 13 November 2019, 11:16 AM.

Comment

I've got no idea , he might be taking a cloth off of one of the Star Tables , I will find out later tonight what he used .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Alliance Snooker quoted the following when we had work done...

To cover the table and cushions with new Strachan 6811 New Pure Wool Cloth ?400.00 plus vat.

To cover cushions only with new cloth and to cover the bed with good quality second-hand cloth ?250.00 plus vat.
        Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Thanks Sk1nny, I sent two e mails on wednesday to Northwest Snooker services and Breakaway snooker services but not had a response as yet, until I hear anything I will tell the club approx ? 500 that should cover it.
          Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Well I received a reply from Steve @ Northwest Snooker services to supply and fit GBP400 will hand quote over to club and they can decide, I think thats a very resonable price.

Comment

Originally Posted by John Flaf View Post
              Well I received a reply from Steve @ Northwest Snooker services to supply and fit GBP400 will hand quote over to club and they can decide, I think thats a very resonable price.
              That’s a good price. I’d be happy with that. Any idea what make and weight of cloth. Assume it’s a hard wearing one suitable for club use.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

That’s a good price. I’d be happy with that. Any idea what make and weight of cloth. Assume it’s a hard wearing one suitable for club use.
                I have no idea Nifty, I did say in my email that it was a club table and got lots of use, so I hope Steve will supply the most suitable cloth.

Comment

That is a good price John, we have used NWS before and they were good iirc. I don't know if they get cloth at trade cost but if you are getting a decent cloth say 6811 tournament gold then I'm pretty sure that's around ?280-300 on its own.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

That is a good price John, we have used NWS before and they were good iirc. I don't know if they get cloth at trade cost but if you are getting a decent cloth say 6811 tournament gold then I'm pretty sure that's around ?280-300 on its own.
                    I doubt it will be that good a cloth Jim, I did fill out contact form at Breakaway last week but not heard anything back, How did the Billiards go at the weekend ?

Comment

I doubt it will be that good a cloth Jim, I did fill out contact form at Breakaway last week but not heard anything back, How did the Billiards go at the weekend ?
                      The Billiards was great, everyone was in waistcoats and dickie bows which added to the spectacle. Rob Hall won it , he also got the high break of 387 which I was lucky enough to watch, just class.
                      I think Breakaway are known for being a little sluggish in responding but to be fair to them they are all over the world doing the tables for the tour. I will ask at the club and find out what's the best way to contact them and let you know.

Comment

My mate steamed that event. He does a lot of streaming for the HIBSF and WDBS and the Womes
                        Maximus Legend Plus : Ebony butt with Ovangkol front wedge and thick maple veneer : Premium ash shaft : Tip 9.45 mm Talisman Trinity Soft, length 58″, weight 18.4 oz, butt diameter 29.4 mm, balance 18″

Comment

Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post
                          My mate steamed that event. He does a lot of streaming for the HIBSF and WDBS and the Womes
                          Who was that sk1nny ? I spoke to a lot of the folk there, quite a few were here three years ago for a tournament so I recognised them.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Who was that sk1nny ? I spoke to a lot of the folk there, quite a few were here three years ago for a tournament so I recognised them.
                            Tony Cannon

He's down in London this weekend doing some Womens event

Comment

Originally Posted by sk1nnym0nkey View Post

Tony Cannon

He's down in London this weekend doing some Womens event
                              That's a very apt name for someone streaming a billiards event ! I have it in the back of my mind I might have spoken to him but I could easily be mistaken, I'm pretty poor with names.

Comment

Working...
                              X