Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by narl View Post

It’s not my table yet.
    I know a few things about it although not much.
    Table is approx 60/70 years old. Taken from a club in (NI) called park side. Their team was 7 times all Ireland champions. It’s has steel banks which are original to the table.

There is no manufacturer name or anything on it. Just looking to find out if anyone might know who the manufacturer of the table was.
    Nice, good luck with finding the make. Sound Ike it’s got a good pedigree though .

I can’t believe how cheap they are to buy now .

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124169897114

Looks similar to this one I noticed on EBay.. Titan??
      I was looking at that one although the Titan tables are slightly different leg style. It is close though.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Nice, good luck with finding the make. Sound Ike it’s got a good pedigree though .

I can’t believe how cheap they are to buy now .
        It does although the price tag attached is a little much tbh. I know it has been completely stripped down and everything is new just don’t know if it is worth the money the table fitter is asking.

Comment

What are they asking for it? Does it include installation?

Comment

He is asking just for a plain table with just the rest hooks and completely refurbished table everything new ?2,300, including install.

I have the 1G balls, brass rest, spider, extendable rests, cues etc at home.

Comment

Sounds like a good deal! Good luck with it

Comment

Thank you.
                Would just like a little bit of background on the table.
                I don’t know if it is a budget table or not. It doesn’t look it though.

Comment

As the table is located in Northern Ireland could it be made by an Irish manufacturer?

Two that spring to mind are Abbey Billiards & Conway.

Comment

Marketman - could be right there
                    Remind me, if you can, was it Holt who made a lot of tables in southern Ireland?
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi Dean

There is a post from Geoff Large from 17th Oct 2013 about a Willie Holt table.

Ryanah 147 replied with information that when Willie Holt Burnley ceased trading in 1990 a Mr Paul Russell took over the name & opened up in Ireland as Willie Holt Ireland.

Ryanah147 was very impressed with the quality of these tables & as Narls photos show what is obviously a very solid table then Willie Holt Ireland could also be a possibile manufactuer.

Comment

thanks for the info and reminder

Comment

You can certainly rule it out being a BCE Westbury. Westburys are single bolted on the legs, your table is double bolted.
                          When you but cheap... You buy twice !

Comment

Originally Posted by Marketman View Post
                            Hi Dean

There is a post from Geoff Large from 17th Oct 2013 about a Willie Holt table.

Ryanah 147 replied with information that when Willie Holt Burnley ceased trading in 1990 a Mr Paul Russell took over the name & opened up in Ireland as Willie Holt Ireland.

Ryanah147 was very impressed with the quality of these tables & as Narls photos show what is obviously a very solid table then Willie Holt Ireland could also be a possibile manufactuer.
                            It is unlikely that this is one of the Willy holt Ireland tables, as they started manufacturing in 1990. Your table is more like a 60s/70s table

Comment

You mentioned that the table has steel block cushions. Of course they could have been changed from the original that were on it, so that is a possibility to look into. If they are original Id say the table is a Burroughes & Watts. It definitely was not made in Ireland , as in the `modern age` 1980s onwards there were only 2 makers, Conway Bros in Cookstown Co. Tyrone, and Tara Tables of Bray Co. Wicklow. Both companies have since ceased manufacturing. Burroughes & Watts and Orme and Son had offices in both Belfast and Dublin. The other company which manufactured was Long & Co in Cork, but they are gone since 1929.
                              Your table has mortice and tenon joints on the cross bearers and the long sides, so on that point alone Id say its a 50s/60s table from one of the better makers ie; Burroughes & Watts.

Comment

thanks for that, I knew the Holt name from the 20s onwards but did not know about the take over and new owner and dates in Ireland.

Comment

Working...
                                X