Q School 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

Has his game vastly improved recently Simon? I played Jenson when he was 16/17 and he didn't look like becoming a future pro, nice lad though so good to see him doing so well!
    Did you ever think of having a crack at it mate? Think you should but sorry if you already gone down that road.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Did you ever think of having a crack at it mate? Think you should but sorry if you already gone down that road.
      6/7 years ago I was thinking about it when I was playing 4/5 days a week but not since then mate.
      Things changed with me getting a better paid job and and as much as i love snooker i'd rather have the security of guaranteed income than having to gamble on my snooker being better than somebody else's to earn a few quid!

I've had a good season in the local league though and am back to making regular tons so i'll be regularly entering the EPSB events in the coming season - not expecting the world but it'll be good to play top players week in week out!
      "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

6/7 years ago I was thinking about it when I was playing 4/5 days a week but not since then mate.
        Things changed with me getting a better paid job and and as much as i love snooker i'd rather have the security of guaranteed income than having to gamble on my snooker being better than somebody else's to earn a few quid!

I've had a good season in the local league though and am back to making regular tons so i'll be regularly entering the EPSB events in the coming season - not expecting the world but it'll be good to play top players week in week out!

​​​​​​You could think about the Q Tour as well where last season they had an open qualifying day where 16 players qualified into it to play among the 40 highest remaining players on the Q School order of merit and a further 8 highest ranking under 21 players on the order of merit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E..._Q_Tour#Format

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp...plate=2&tour=q

As James Cahill alluded to in his winning interview just after qualifying its a WST event that doesn’t have referees so you’ve got to pick the balls out and make decisions among yourselves so that felt a bit strange to him but nevertheless plenty of good players to measure yourself against.

Each of the four events had a prize fund of 12 thousand pounds so there’s money to be made as well.

Comment

Good to hear your back to your best mate!

I’m not a top player, but your welcome to come over for a game anytime

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Good to hear your back to your best mate!

I’m not a top player, but your welcome to come over for a game anytime
            Steve you're a lot better than you think you are! My games come back, that final loss against that ex pro at Stratford actually made me more determined. I'll drop you a message for a game sometime for sure mate!
            Are you playing Mark Williams at your club's exhibition? I played and beat Kyren Wilson at our league presentation night a few weeks back, amazing buzz!!

Comment

Steve you're a lot better than you think you are! My games come back, that final loss against that ex pro at Stratford actually made me more determined. I'll drop you a message for a game sometime for sure mate!
              Are you playing Mark Williams at your club's exhibition? I played and beat Kyren Wilson at our league presentation night a few weeks back, amazing buzz!!
              Nowt like getting close and loosing to fire you up a bit! Great win against Kyren! Turning into a bit of a giant killer!

Sadly I’m out that weekend on a rave at Classic Ibiza! Would have been a good experience to have a frame with Mark, but at £100 per frame, that’s a bit expensive, even if I was available…

Got a club comp on Saturday so I’ll see how that goes! Not played competitively in weeks. Did knock in a couple of 80+ breaks in practice yesterday, so I’m obviously playing Ok

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post

​​​​​​You could think about the Q Tour as well where last season they had an open qualifying day where 16 players qualified into it to play among the 40 highest remaining players on the Q School order of merit and a further 8 highest ranking under 21 players on the order of merit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021%E..._Q_Tour#Format

http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp...plate=2&tour=q

As James Cahill alluded to in his winning interview just after qualifying its a WST event that doesn’t have referees so you’ve got to pick the balls out and make decisions among yourselves so that felt a bit strange to him but nevertheless plenty of good players to measure yourself against.

Each of the four events had a prize fund of 12 thousand pounds so there’s money to be made as well.
                Thanks for this Trains, i'll look into that!
                I think i'll be trying some of the regional snooker series events typically held on sundays too. Sundays have always been a nightmare for me but i'm knocking football on the head now so i'll be free to spend all day in snooker clubs instead!

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

Nowt like getting close and loosing to fire you up a bit! Great win against Kyren! Turning into a bit of a giant killer!

Sadly I’m out that weekend on a rave at Classic Ibiza! Would have been a good experience to have a frame with Mark, but at £100 per frame, that’s a bit expensive, even if I was available…

Got a club comp on Saturday so I’ll see how that goes! Not played competitively in weeks. Did knock in a couple of 80+ breaks in practice yesterday, so I’m obviously playing Ok
                  Exactly mate, felt well out of my depth in that final. It was annoying to see somebody playing against me exactly how I used to play years ago.
                  The Kyren win was only one frame so not kidding myself but it was good to get the win in front of 200+ people too!

£100 is steep, i'd prefer the rave! Enjoy the comp saturday and let me know how you get on buddy

Comment

Poomjaeng back for another try at the pro tour.

Comment

Regarding Event 2 2nd Final between K Lertsattayatthorn vs H Dinesh Jain would it be better for the game to have a 5th Thai on tour or an Indian , which entry would be better to boost the game in Asia ?

Comment

Originally Posted by trains View Post
                        Regarding Event 2 2nd Final between K Lertsattayatthorn vs H Dinesh Jain would it be better for the game to have a 5th Thai on tour or an Indian , which entry would be better to boost the game in Asia ?
                        We’ve got/had a few Thai’s on the tour so a few Indians would be good I think. Huge market. James Wattana was a demigod in his time so someone similar from India would be good. Mind you The Indian Open has never really got going so maybe fan base isn’t there.

Comment

Working...
                        X