On Q Promotions / South West Snooker Academy
    All views are my own and in no way represent On Q or the Academy

Thanks Janie..
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

No probs

it will be another interesting season.

Nice to see Brian Morgan coming back into competition. He'll prove a very hard adversary for some of these young no hopers.

Some of the Thais and Chinese are having visa problems, as usual, so may not get here until event 2. The embassies etc are trying to sort it, for them.

Watch out for Figeureido. he's a former 4 times Braizilian champion, BUT on 10 foot tables with 10 reds.

He played his first event on full size tables at the International Open in Belgium and caused mayehm through the draw, getting to the quarters if I remember rightly.
      Janie Watkins

Comment

Would be good to see Brian Morgan do well again, he certainly has the ability & no doubt like you say he would give some of the young talent out there a few headaches along the way.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Surprising to see him there, during his punditing work on BBC Wales this year he categorically ruled out a return to the main tour and said that if he got a spot that he wouldn't take it. Maybe the success of Drago and Wattana has inspired him?

Incidentally are there any other notable debutants this year?
          sigpic
          http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Have you guys got Brian and Darren mixed up?!
            I Love Snook!

Comment

Originally Posted by kellie-text View Post
              Have you guys got Brian and Darren mixed up?!
              That's what I was thinking. I was trying to figure out who Brian Morgan was.

Comment

Originally Posted by FerruleFox View Post
                Janie mentioned Brian Morgan in her post and there is such a player as well as welshman Daren Morgan.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Haha I always do that. Was a teacher called Brian Morgan on a course I did last year and I made the same mistake and thought it was the same name as the player again. No idea why, sorry Darren
                  Last edited by Matt_2745; 19 June 2009, 02:44 PM.
                  sigpic
                  http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

is Hairbear playing this season?
                    2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

im not a fan of the PIOS its 2 1 dimensional and i honestly believe theres a better way to get players on Tour than this.....

its 2 comfterball for players Playing Pontins all the time.

id rather have 32 world wide tournaments and the 32 winners of thoes tournaments going on tour.

Comment

Who's the Mongolian player mentioned in the article on global snooker?
                        신비한 빛을 잃어가

Comment

Originally Posted by Matt_2745 View Post
                          Surprising to see him there, during his punditing work on BBC Wales this year he categorically ruled out a return to the main tour and said that if he got a spot that he wouldn't take it. Maybe the success of Drago and Wattana has inspired him?

Incidentally are there any other notable debutants this year?
                          I know of one, a lad called John Pritchett who by all accounts is a very exciting talent and is knocking in tons for fun in practice. Only 17/18 ish, a very talented natural player, a bit like a young Ronnie. First event I don't expect much from him but he could be a dark horse.

Comment

Pios - important - date changes

Please note that to avoid the previous clashes with two major international events we have two date changes for 2009-10 PIOS

PIOS 5 will now take place 7-11 December 2009

PIOS 7 will now take place 12-16 April 2010

that avoids the clashes with IBSF World Championships and the European under 19 championships
                            Janie Watkins

Comment

Originally Posted by FerruleFox View Post
                              For those who do not remember him, and you must have very short memories, Brian was World Under-21 champion in 1988 and was on the tour from 1989 to 2006.

He won the B&H Championship in 1996 and also a WPBSA non-ranking event in China in 1996/7 and spent 6 seasons in the top 32 with a best ranking of 27th.

On the ranking circuit he was runner up in the 1996/7 Asian Classic, a semi finalist in the 1999 China Open and twice a quarter finalist. He won just under £500k in prize money and made 54 centuries.
                              sigpic
                              Chris Turner
                              www.snookerarchive.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X