Pios event 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pios event 5

Does anyone have the playing schedule and prize money breakdown for the next PIOS on 06 December 2009? I had heard the prize money was being increased.No detals on GSC.

Quite a few byes - even second round.

Comment

You talking to yourself again goldengirl.

Comment

Looks like it! Why no interest in Amateur Snooker on here? That's one of the problems with the game I think. The players rise from the Amateur ranks to the MT and nobody's heard of most of them and hence are not that bothered to watch them.
        I suggested on the Forum that perhaps Barry Hearn & Steve Davis should visit the PIOS to see the up and coming talent and promote that a bit more to create interest. If they were promoted a bit more these players would be more familiar when on the MT.
        There are no bigger tense and exciting moments in snooker than matches where players are fighting for a MT spot - if you haven't been to Pontins for the latter PIOS events you should go. You can cut the atmosphere with a knife.

Comment

It's a shame there's hardly any discussion about the PIOS and other amateur tournaments. There's 1,709 threads about cues, yet there's only 156 about amatuer snooker! I can't understand it. A lot of people on here only seem to be interested in the top players. I like to know how the players on the secondary tours are doing so I'm always looking at the results in the PIOS and EASB events.
          2009 & 2010 UK Championship Fantasy Game Winner
          2011 China Open Lucky Dip Winner

Comment

There used to be a lot of amateur discussion on SnookerTalk and TalkSnooker but like you say Peter, the interest on this forum lies mainly on the top 32 players. I think the main reason why people have not come over to this forum from those mentioned above is because there's a lot of very similar threads about cues, favourite players etc. which a lot of people find quite monotonous and cannot be bothered to sift through to find some interesting conversation/debate.

The recent stuff about Barry Hearn/Rodney Walker has been very interesting and has kept me visiting daily, but before that I would only visit occasionally.

Hopefully, the recent upturn in more interesting threads will encourage some more debate on the Amateur game - as Val says the PIOS is a great source for discussion. It's already getting very interesting with lots of very good players vying for a top 8 place.

MW

Comment

Hi Matt - not being one to criticise as I know how hard it is to start & keep things going, but I have to agree with you. When Janie was doing The Forum, or it was on GSC, I found it a lot easier to navigate.
              Questions about cues, techniques, songs etc. were clearly in other threads so you did not have to sift through. I am looking on here quite often now but get frustrated with trying to find and follow things. Still, I'll persevere.

Comment

Quite agree, Val.

There’s a considerable army of followers on this forum. But PIOS, EASB, WLBSA and regional tournaments like the South of England Cuestars warrant little attention.

Our missionary work is only just beginning!

Tim Dunkley
                http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

And what is it with these tag lines at the end of the messages after the name - I find myself reading them thinking they are posts and they're just drivel!!

Comment

Jamie's through to QF of PIOS where he'll play Jack Lisowski. Alfie through too.

Comment

I agree with the above posters. I used to read the GSC forum a lot but since they changed the site I rarely visit it now. If people keep posting about the events though soon enough more people will take notice and start following them too. I would rather look out for PIOS scores than mickey mouse World Series events.
                      TSF World Champion 2010
                      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
                      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

agree with all above. I was looking at the results from time to time on the GSC page, watching young mcgill's progress.

Thought i would come on here and hopefully see a thread with some comments on the series..........but nothing.

However, as mentioned above, full of infatuation regarding the quality of on screen matches, prize draws, competitions and accessories of the game.

Take all that out and there isn't much content from which to draw any confidence that there is a real grass roots interest in the game and the players down there.

Comment

I like to follow the amateur side and I do like to post about it on my site, but unfortunately the fact that a)I don't have time to post more and b)the amateur stuff isn't televised so it is hard to really talk about it in too much depth, limits what I do.

It is a shame that the GSC forums bit the dust as even though they weren't the busiest, there was some interesting discussion on there.
                          sigpic
                          http://prosnookerblog.com/

Comment

Good to see some amateurs threads on here.
                            PIOS should be televised like 2 seasons ago.
                            Very interesting quaterfinals ahead of us.
                            And rankings battle is getting to be thrill...

best of 7 player position
                            650 Liam Highfield 1
                            620 Jack Lisowski 2
                            570 Jamie Jones 3
                            420 Jak Jones 4
                            400 Jamie O'Neill 5
                            380 Paul S. Davison 6
                            370 Anthony McGill 7
                            350 Kyren Wilson 8
                            340 Kurt Maflin 9
                            310 Alfie Burden 10
                            300 Neal Jones 11
                            290 Stephen Craigie 12
                            270 Robbie Williams 13
                            270 Patrick Einsle 14
                            270 John Whitty 15
                            250 Allan Taylor 16
                            240 Vincent Muldoon 17
                            240 Sam Craigie 18
                            230 Kuldesh Johal 19
                            220 David Portman 20
                            220 Andrew Pagett 21
                            220 Gary Wilson 22
                            210 Bobby Cruickshanks 23
                            210 Alex Davies 24
                            200 Rodney Goggins 25
                            190 Robert Valiant 26
                            190 Michael Wild 27
                            190 Igor Figueiredo 28
                            190 Hugh Abernethy 29
                            170 John Astley 30
                            170 Stuart Carrington 31
                            160 Adam Duffy 32
                            150 Aditya Mehta 33
                            150 Michael Wasley 34
                            150 Justin Astley 35
                            140 James McBain 36
                            140 Lasse Munstermann 37
                            140 Leo Fernandez 38
                            130 Farakh Ajaib 39
                            130 Michael Leslie 40
                            Winner of 2008 Grand Prix Prediction Contest

Comment

Do you know the draw for the quarter finals?
                              You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't

Comment

Working...
                              X