Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Open Qualifier @ Castle Snooker Club

Hi everyone,

I'm delighted to announce that we will be hosting a qualifying event for the World Open here at the Castle Snooker Club on Sunday 25th July.

The winner of our tournament will be entered into the main qualifying event at the World Snooker Academy in Sheffield on 21-24 August. At this event you only need to win 1 match, from a random draw, to earn £1500!

We have decided to charge an entry fee so we can provide the winner with enough money to cover the cost of entry, travel and accommodation for Sheffield. So for a fee of £25 you will be entering a tournament with a total prize pot of £500'000 and a televised final stage.

You may enter more than one qualifying event for the World Open, although obviously you can only qualify once.

Click here to visit our website and download an entry form

For more information on the World Open please visit World Snooker.

Thanks
    Anthony

Main Tournament Format ***********************

* £25 entry fee

* Limited to 32 players

* Registration forms and entry fee must be received by Sunday 18th July

* All matches best of 5 frames

* Every round to be randomly drawn

* 1st round drawn in advance, shortly after closure for entries

* Referees will be provided for as many of the matches as possible

* 1st & 2nd round losers enter the plate tournament

Plate Tournament Format ***********************

* Main tournament 1st round losers enter 1st round

* Main tournament 2nd round losers enter 2nd round

* All matches best of 3 frames

* Matches up to semi-finals will be played upstairs

* Referees will be provided for semi-finals & final

Schedule **************************************

* 1st round to be played in 2 sessions;

* 1st session players arrive by 9:30am, start at 10am

* 2nd session players arrive by 11am, start at 11:30am

* Players will be informed asap after the 1st round draw which session they will play in

Prizes ****************************************

* Main Tournament

1st - Entry into World Snooker Open Sheffield Qualifiers + 100% of total entry fees up to a maximum of £500 (only payable if you actually attend the Sheffield event)

2nd - 50% of total entry fees above £500 (£150 based on full attendance)

* Plate Tournament

1st - 33.3% of total entry fees above £500 (£100 based on full attendance)

2nd - 16.7% of total entry fees above £500 (£50 based on full attendance)

Dress Code ************************************

* Collared shirts / polo shirts, trousers and shoes (no jeans or trainers)
    Last edited by amt; 21 June 2010, 05:02 PM. Reason: additional info
    Castle Snooker Club, Brighton
    web : www.castlesnookerclub.com, facebook : www.facebook.com/castlesnookerclub
    Brighton, Hove and District Billiards and Snooker League
    web : www.brightonandhovesnooker.org, facebook : www.facebook.com/BrightonAndHoveSnooker

Sounds good
    Any idea where the other qualifiers are being held?

Comment

They are all listed on the World Snooker website....

Click here to see the list.
      web : www.brightonandhovesnooker.org, facebook : www.facebook.com/BrightonAndHoveSnooker

Comment

I know the qualifier at the Grove Leisure is on the 17th July need to ring the club for more details though.

Comment

its good that there on different dates because the ones for rileys im actually away on holiday that weekend...i may participate in this sundays one if i can get to it...
          what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

Castle Club World Open Qualifier

To all in the Southern Area - This club are really pulling out the stops. They are a dying breed of owners who are trying hard to give snooker players what they want. All tables are match cut pockets with blue set aramiths and all the table accessories. The two front tables have just been upgraded with TV style lights and underheaters are on the cards also.

Regardless of the qualifiying event, dont miss out playing here, its due to be THE South Easts snooker venue.

Get you entry in you wont be dissapointed.

Comment

I have to agree about the owners and their dedication to providing a top notch club. The place is excellent. The tables are terrific and the balls are quality new sets. The reputation of the club and its owners are growing, and rightly so too. I have been told, however, that the club needs air-conditioning, which is definitely needed for almost every snooker hall in spring/summer. If the expense is too much, maybe they could use portable ones? This heads up from (several) friends of mine has made me have second thoughts about the Open qualifier there, as I find it difficult to play in hot and sticky conditions.
              I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Hi everyone,

the draw for Sunday has now been made and no more entries will be accepted.

Click here to see the draw

the results will be posted on our website, and on this forum early next week.

Good luck to you all!

Thanks
                Anthony

Comment

Hi,

thanks to everyone who came to the tournament on Sunday. The date clash with the PTC event kept the attendance a bit lower than I'd hoped, but we still managed 24 on the day, not too bad.

Anish Gokool won the tournament in the end and the Castle Snooker Club will be providing him with £500 to cover the costs of entry to the Sheffield stages. We had a lot of players traveling from all over the South, but I must say it was nice that the prize went to one of our own players!

Click here to see the full results for the day.

Thanks
                  Anthony

Comment

Anthony

I have been playing and am still in the qualiifiers at another club. Can you confirm that if a player qualifies for the Sheffield stage then they are guaranteed £1500. From the World Snooker website the clubs' qualifiers will go into the last 128 of the competition but according to the prize money list for the tournament, a player will only recieve money from the last 96 onwards. Are the rueles different for amatuers.

Comment

Hi,

you don't get any prize money for qualifying for the Sheffield event, that is why we decided to charge an entry fee to our qualifier and will now be giving Anish Gokool £500 to cover his costs, as there is actually a £300 entry fee for the Sheffield stage!.

If you win your first match at Sheffield, thus putting you into the last 96, then you receive a £1500 prize.

Thanks
                      Anthony

Comment

You recieve £1,500 if you get into the last 96??

Comment

yes thats right,

Winner: £100,000
                          Runner-up: £40,000
                          Semi-finals: £20,000
                          Quarter-finals: £12,500
                          Last 16: £7,500
                          Last 32: £5,000
                          Last 64: £2,500
                          Last 96: £1,500

Stage one high break: £500
                          Stage two high break: £4,000

Total: £502,500
                          thanks,
                          Anthony
                          Last edited by amt; 28 July 2010, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X