Comp: Pro Am
    Date: 18th July 2010
    Time: Doors open at 11am,
    Registration by 11.30 & comp starts at 12 noon
    Entry Fee: £10
    Best of 7 frames, no handicapping
    All entry monies paid out
    Or call: 01772 203228 for more information

It's abit short notice mate, but hopefully you can get a good amount of entries. Good luck!

Comment

I know its a little short notice, but I will be running the Pro Am every 2 weeks throughout the summer months and just wanted to get the info out amongst the snooker players.

Comment

I'm going to PM you sometime tomorrow mate.

Do you have any/many entries yet for this paticular event?

Comment

We have 8 entries right now, but we also had the UK open qualifier here on Sat and a few of these players seemed interested and said they would come.
          David.

I have only been here for a few months now and most of that time has been spent cleaning the club and getting new staff. So I am now spending more time getting comps etc off the ground. The last manager here killed the place so everything has to start from scratch again.
          David.
          Last edited by ferret; 12 July 2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

About time too...man i miss those but with northern snooker centre Leeds world open on the same date stops me from coming to this one
            PLEASE keep us (me) posted on the next events at preston try not to clash with other pro-am events and it would be nice to have them back at preston
            Cheers for this
            Kev

Comment

Kev, We will be holding the a snooker pro am every 2 weeks at Preston, with the first being the 18th July 2010.
              From the 1st Aug 2010 there will be a slight change in the format of the Pro Am. I talked to a lot of the players who were here for the UK open qualifier on the 10th July and have decided on the following:
              £15 entry fee
              doors open 11am.
              registration 11.30am
              Pro Am start 12 noon.
              winner ~ 60% of entry fees + 1 month free table time
              runner up ~ 20% of entry fees + 1 month free table time
              semi's x 2 ~10% of entry fees + 2 weeks free table time
              All entry fees paid out in prize money.

Bring your snooker playing mates too and I will give them
              free membership to rileys too.
              Cheers
              David.

Comment

Originally Posted by rileys@preston View Post
                Kev, We will be holding the a snooker pro am every 2 weeks at Preston, with the first being the 18th July 2010.
                From the 1st Aug 2010 there will be a slight change in the format of the Pro Am. I talked to a lot of the players who were here for the UK open qualifier on the 10th July and have decided on the following:
                £15 entry fee
                doors open 11am.
                registration 11.30am
                Pro Am start 12 noon.
                winner ~ 60% of entry fees + 1 month free table time
                runner up ~ 20% of entry fees + 1 month free table time
                semi's x 2 ~10% of entry fees + 2 weeks free table time
                All entry fees paid out in prize money.

Bring your snooker playing mates too and I will give them
                free membership to rileys too.
                Cheers
                David.
                Cheers David, its all good and well if you live local to rileys for me and the guys i have been talking to on facebook are about 1.5 hrs drive away so i don't think that would appeal to likes of them.
                The one you have on the 18th is the kind of event most of the snooker pro-am players look for i think.
                Anyways i have posted your pro-am details on my facebook (hope you don't mind) and have had eyes open from likes of craggs,grace,lam,bedford and others who are constantly on the look out for pro-ams
                Hope that helps you and good look for sundays event
                Kev

Comment

Sorry to go off the snooker topic, but do you host darts tournaments?

Comment

this clashes with the world qualifier at northern snooker leeds,so that is bound to affect the numbers entering,, but its something that i will be interested in

Comment

Originally Posted by rileys@preston View Post
                      The last manager here killed the place so everything has to start from scratch again.
                      David.
                      If it's the same guy who ran the place 9/10 years ago I'm not surprised, he was an absolute grade 1er.

Last time I went in there was about a year ago and I'd never seen the place so dead. I tend to play at my local club these days because it's cheaper, but hosting pro-ams is a great idea. I will come to show my support when I can, though I can't make it this time unfortunately.

Good luck with it all anyway!

Comment

Mr P. Unfortunately we do not have any darts at Preston now. There was a couple of boards but these have been replaced with our new "FANZONE" area. 3 Metre BIG SCREEN in HD. The best screen in Preston as well as 3D TV.
                        cHEERS
                        David.

Comment

Snooker Warrior, As I posted earlier, the Pro Am is something that will be running every fortnight and hopefully we will see a staedy increase of players and eventually get it back to what it once was, if not better. I understand that it will clash with other events but unfortunately thats something we will have to live with. Anyway, hope to see you at some of the events.
                          Cheers
                          David.

Comment

I think you'd get alot more dart players around the Preston area than you will snooker ones, I know of a couple of professional dart players that live in and around Preston.

Comment

foolsgold. It was not the same manager as 9/10 years ago, but obviously they were from the same mould. I have only taken over 4 months ago and already the club is looking great, with some new staff and some great new deals on the go. As I said, I am starting from scratch and running weekly competitions and the snooker Pro Am is just another step forward. I look forward to seeing you soon.
                              Cheers
                              David.
                              ps. pass on the good word to all your fellow snooker players.

Comment

Working...
                              X