In England and want to turn Pro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In England and want to turn Pro?

For all aspiring English amateurs who want to join the pro ranks, one route to achieve this ambition is through the EASB's Pro-Ticket Tour, which carried an automatic nomination to the Main Tour for 2011-12.

The closing date for the first event is next Monday 16th August.

The EASB online shop is now up and running again for memberships and competition entries: http://easbshop.wytech.co.uk/

ENGLISH PRO-TICKET TOUR
    (Elite Player Members Only)
    Stage One is played on a North and South basis, with four events in each region. All matches are best of seven frames, with the exception of each final, which is best of nine frames. Following the stage one events, the players in the top 16 of the rankings from each region will be invited to compete in Stage Two.

Stage Two will see the 32 pre-qualified players compete over a further three events. Ranking points will be carried forward from Stage One into this stage. All matches are now played over the best of nine frames, with the exception of the finals, which are best of eleven frames. The top ranked player after these three events will be nominated for the Main Tour 2011-12 season. Prize money for stage 2 will be paid out based upon ranking positions, not individual tournament performances.

EASB website: http://www.englishsnooker.com/index.php

Can you detail breakdown of prize fund for stage 2 please? I'm not 100% on this...

MW

Comment

Prize money will not be paid out to the last 16, or whatever, of each of the Stage 2 events, instead a bumper prize pot will be paid to the Top 32 (?) in the rankings after the final event.

I guess this is an incentive for ALL those who qualified for stage two to play in all the stage 2 events, as a good result in the final event could improve ranking and prize fund.

I would *imagine* that there will be some kind of banding of prize monies, for example those finishing 17-32 will all get the same amount, but I may be totally wrong.

Comment

Working...
      X