No announcement yet.

Birmingham Open Pro-Am 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many entries do you have up to now? Is it 64 down to 8 on Sat, last 8 Sun?
    I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

confirmed entries between 40-50 at the moment with more expected and yes to your query on schedule

Comment

Due to the number of entries for the first PTC World Snooker will be starting amateur matches on 18 June.

To ensure we get the maximum number of entries we've put the Birmingham Open back a week to 25 June, and it will now be run on one day only.

Registration will be between 9.30 am - 10.00 am and the draw will be done on tthe day.

Please do not send any cheques in and pay cash on the day instead.

Comment

Yes thanks for that. I've arranged to visit my parents in the midlands so I can enter your comp, and one week before the date of the tournament you change it.
          I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Thanks for what, did you not bother to read the message.

Nobody will turn up due to early matches for the PTC so only an idiot wouldn't move the date or understand why.

Comment

This event has been cancelled

Comment

Confirmed entries of 40-50 and the event is cancelled? Only an idiot would do that surely?

Comment

Looks like a shambles to me. If anyone has paid will they get a refund.

Comment

I took the decision to cancel this because I didn't have written confirmation from Riley's for the £1000 sponsorship I was told was available, I also found out that they said they intended to reduce the sponsorship money if the number of entries was less than 64.

There was also a problem with match balls, they don't currently have enough and I wasn't prepared for any player to turn up pay £50 and have to play with sub standard balls. I had been asked if I could borrow some for the day and this was another reason why I cancelled.

Only 2 players had sent cheques in and both will be returned, the rest were due to turn up and pay on the day.

This tournamnent will be rescheduled with the new date likely to be in July.

Comment

without having an arguement unfold here, the entry forms had payouts based on 64 entrants. the club/manager involved had obtained 12 sets of match balls for the event to go along with the sets already at the club. as a member of the club involved i find it quite bad that the cancellation was never confirmed or discussed with the club other than the fact that i received a message on facebook that the event had been rescheduled to the saturday after. then about an hour later i received a second message saying the event was cancelled. i drink in the club regularly and Rileys and staff have been trying to clean the club up and been doing maintainence within the club to make sure everything was up to scratch for the weekends event to which some of us drinkers have helped out with.

Comment

Sounds as tho no one was talking to each other !!

Comment

Yes the entry form clearly stated Prize Money Guaranteed on 64 Entries, that doesn't mean reduced sponsorship money if there are less than 64 entries.

Through a third party Riley's pledged £1000 sponsorship money having asked how many entries were likely, again through a third party Riley's were told I expected 64 entries.

AT NO TIME WAS I EVER TOLD THE £1000 SPONSORSHIP WAS DEPENDANT ON GETTING 64 ENTRIES, ANYBODY CLAIMING THIS IS THE CASE IS LYING.

I was also told by the club manager over the weekend Riley's had based the £1000 sponsorship on taking £4000 in revenue over the two days, I find this figure staggering knowing it is completely unrealistic.

I also find it hard to believe 12 sets of match balls had been sourced as I had been asked to source at least ten sets.

There are many main tour pros and full time amateurs who have attended many of my tournaments, and they all know I would not have cancelled this event without having sufficient reasons.

I think it's about time this was put to bed, at the end of the day players can make their own mind up and they also have the choice to enter events whenever they choose to.

Geoff Williams

Comment

just before this goes to bed, you have just said that you have used a third party to pass infomration on this was not the statement that you put on the facebook message criticising the club on sunday evening. if you havent discussed yourself in writing with the club then why trust a third party, surely an event like this and the money involved should all be discussed and put in writing before an event is organised.

i know for fact the manager of the club had put into place the balls because we have been raising money in the club and found someone to sponsor the club for match balls and other events at the club.

also, this whole thing is a disappointment from us regualrs who use the club everyday of the week as it brings things to the club, and no doubt the players who were attending but surely as organisor you should take repsonsibilty for failling to communicate with the club and check PERSONALLY that all things were in place and check up on things. the club has attracted some big Pool players and as of this week darts players who have enjoyed the changes with the club thanks to the work the staff team have been carrying out.

The club as far as we have been told will be holding future events in snooker/pool/darts with sponsorship money involved and i am sure they will all run smoothly and without any hassle. COMMUNICATION is the key factor in all areas and unless things get checked out fully and not through a third party then things tend to be sorted out amicably and successfully without the need to have a club/manager slated all over facebook/internet

Comment

Originally Posted by 3x147man View Post
                              Yes the entry form clearly stated Prize Money Guaranteed on 64 Entries, that doesn't mean reduced sponsorship money if there are less than 64 entries........
                              Well that's clear as day to me that you needed 64 as a minimum !
                              64 people paying £50 each is £3200, so reaching £4000 revenue is not totally unrealistic is it, only takes each person spending £12.50 each on drinks and food and your there.

Comment

Working...
                              X