Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overlaying score on amateur snooker videos

Hi all

I have some snooker videos from the national championships here in NZ and intend to start taking videos at all tournaments. I may even be able to setup live streaming but that all depends on the connection available at the venue.

Does anyone know how I can overlay a scoreboard on top of the video? Either as it's being recorded or at a later date?

Any help, tips or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by legod View Post
    Hi all

I have some snooker videos from the national championships here in NZ and intend to start taking videos at all tournaments. I may even be able to setup live streaming but that all depends on the connection available at the venue.

Does anyone know how I can overlay a scoreboard on top of the video? Either as it's being recorded or at a later date?

Any help, tips or suggestions appreciated.

Cheers.
    legod ... I don't know the easiest way for you to do it but I'm sure someone must - overlaying the score onto the picture that is ...

steveb72 from Nottingham does a very good job on the matches he organises from I guess, his home ... he's just got an LCD screen on the wall at the baulk end of the table in camera view presumably driven by a laptop out of view ... simple but very effective ...

ps ... good luck with your venture, let us know when you have videos available ... I'd certainly like to watch them ...
    Last edited by DandyA; 9 July 2012, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
      steveb72 from Nottingham does a very good job on the matches he organises from I guess, his home ... he's just got an LCD screen on the wall at the baulk end of the table in camera view presumably driven by a laptop out of view ... simple but very effective ...
      Yes, it's a cheap but very effective way of getting the scores on the screen without spending ages editing the video afterwards.

Here is an example:

I devised the "scoreboard" myself because I was not happy with any of the scorebaord software available online. It's simply an Excel spreasheet with a load of macros which is driven by a remote programmable keyboard.
      Last edited by steveb72; 12 July 2012, 01:53 PM.
      Steve Butler
      www.nottinghamsnooker.com
      Nottingham Snooker YouTube Channel

Comment

I created something of a dynamic spreadsheet application that allows you to do live scoring on the fly in conjunction with a little bit of broadcast know-how as seen in the videos in this thread and on this YouTube channel in general.

I always thought something like this already existed but I ended up having to make it myself. I could probably get you a copy, but I'd have to give you some more details--it's not perfectly polished for things like error correction, so some understanding of how it works is required.

Comment

Originally Posted by Randall00 View Post
          I created something of a dynamic spreadsheet application that allows you to do live scoring on the fly in conjunction with a little bit of broadcast know-how as seen in the videos in this thread and on this YouTube channel in general.

I always thought something like this already existed but I ended up having to make it myself. I could probably get you a copy, but I'd have to give you some more details--it's not perfectly polished for things like error correction, so some understanding of how it works is required.

Hi Randall00,

May I know a bit more about your scoring system? I have a few videos which I would like to edit with scoring as well... Hopefully you can help me on this.. Thanks.

David Ong

Comment

Need help...

Hi Randall00,

I'm David from Malaysia and am trying to do some snooker video with scoring as well. Just saw your video and was wondering if you could help me on that matter as well. My email is david@cueclubz.com

Thanks a lot

David Ong

Comment

I would love a copy of this setup please. Great work and hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nate Connell View Post
                I would love a copy of this setup please. Great work and hope to hear from you soon.
                Yes and me too if you would be so kind it looks perfect!!

thank you
                kev

Comment

Hi...following up on this thread because I've just got back into doing some live streaming and I'm still looking for a solution.

Comment

Originally Posted by legod View Post
                    Hi...following up on this thread because I've just got back into doing some live streaming and I'm still looking for a solution.
                    Check out the cbsa.ca website. We have our Canadian Championships on right now and they are streaming live through you tube. They have setup live scoring on the bottom of the screen and it works perfect.
                    " Practice to improve not just to waste time "
                    " 43 Match - 52 Practice - 13 Reds in Line Up "
                    http://www.ontariosnooker.club

Comment

I think I found something that might actually fully serve the needs here and its FREE. I'm installing and investigating further.

http://www.artistscope.com/ballstream_scoreboard.asp
                      http://www.artistscope.com/ballstream_miniscorer.asp
                      Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                      My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                        I think I found something that might actually fully serve the needs here and its FREE. I'm installing and investigating further.

http://www.artistscope.com/ballstream_scoreboard.asp
                        http://www.artistscope.com/ballstream_miniscorer.asp
                        I just did a 30 second review of the software. It looks pretty complete. The mini-scorer (second link above) seems like it could fit over a video or live video stream. The user guide talks about a video stream capability. Needs further investigation and experimentation but it might just be the right fit.

It seems to have player tracking also, so this could be great for managing your own breaks and tracking, etc.
                        Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                        My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

The first one seems a full blown score system, pretty comprehensive, best installed on a laptop which can be fed to a LCD monitor via the VGA out put.

you can get long VGA cables 3-4 metres long so you can sit on the side with the laptop and not blocking anyone's view, better still can be used in conjunction with a wireless remote keypad which eliminates sat statically.

Comment

Working...
                          X