Bodle: it's not about revenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodle: it's not about revenge

FORMER professional Jamie Bodle insists it’s not about revenge as he prepares to meet defending champion Jonathan Bagley in the final of the English Masters Championship for the second year running.

The 41-year-old from Derby laid down a marker by compiling a century during the last-eight knockout at the Northern Snooker Centre, Leeds.

But Bagley, who is chasing a hat-trick of the over-40s titles, notched up two tons of his own.

“I don’t look on the final as revenge,” said Bodle, who was beaten 5-1 in last season’s encounter.

“It’s just another match against a very good player.”

Bodle admitted to making a “slow start” after losing his first frame of the day against Andrew Esgrove (Sanderstead, near Croydon) but he rallied to win 4-1.

He then recorded breaks of 60 and 118 in a 4-0 semi-final victory over Anthony Harris (Sutton Coldfield).

Meanwhile, Bagley, who hails from Leeds, knocked in a 119 against Brian Quinlan (also from Leeds) and 105 against Ashley Beal (East Sussex) as he progressed to the final without dropping a frame.

The best-of-nine-frame final is due to take place at the Northern Snooker Centre during the English Association of Snooker & Billiards finals weekend on June 7-8. However, both players have been invited to take part in the European Championships in Bulgaria from June 1-11. The EASB are hoping to come up with an amicable solution.

Tim Dunkley
    EASB Media Officer South and World Snooker coach

The English Association of Snooker & Billiards is the national governing body for the amateur game in this country. For more information about competitions, rankings lists and results, see www.easb.co.uk.
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

However, both players have been invited to take part in the European Championships in Bulgaria from June 1-11. The EASB are hoping to come up with an amicable solution.

Original Source: Bodle: it's not about revenge http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz2z4aJ2l53
    - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
    Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook
    I've got a solution - how about the EASB not scheduling major domestic finals at the same time as major European comps? Or is that just a little too obvious?
    I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

Originally Posted by magicman View Post
      I've got a solution - how about the EASB not scheduling major domestic finals at the same time as major European comps? Or is that just a little too obvious?
      I think you'll find that the EASB dates were confirmed well in advance of EBSA confirming their event.

Comment

Working...
      X