Pink Ribbon 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.swsasnooker.com/_p/prd14/...nk-ribbon-2017
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
      Forgive my ignorance but what is pink ribbon?
      Is it an event?
      Allegedly the largest snooker pro-am in the world!

Amateurs can enter twice (so will get drawn in both halves). In 2015 they had about 370-odd entries.
      Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Thanks Neil. Thank you Londonlad... :snooker:
        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
        National Snooker Expo
        25-27 October 2019
        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
          Has the format changed Tom?
          I was joking with Tedisbill, I met him at a competition recently in Bilston. Ted was in the quarters of the plate competition and had to give a guy something like 28 points start. The guy knocked in 50 odd first frame, we love handicaps!

I think the format is the same as last year, £25 per entry and you can enter twice (double elim)
          "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post
            I was joking with Tedisbill, I met him at a competition recently in Bilston. Ted was in the quarters of the plate competition and had to give a guy something like 28 points start. The guy knocked in 50 odd first frame, we love handicaps!

I think the format is the same as last year, £25 per entry and you can enter twice (double elim)
            Handicaps are great, I beat a mate in the semi of the plate getting 14 a frame, the following tournament i beat him in the final of the plate getting 17(the fact i was in the plate two tournaments in a row shows my true talent though)
            It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
              Handicaps are great, I beat a mate in the semi of the plate getting 14 a frame, the following tournament i beat him in the final of the plate getting 17(the fact i was in the plate two tournaments in a row shows my true talent though)
              Geordie, I'm not a morning person (that's usually my excuse for getting knocked out of the main events and winning the plates instead )

Comment

Geordie, I'm not a morning person (that's usually my excuse for getting knocked out of the main events and winning the plates instead )
                Class
                I'm that bad the last plate i won it reported in the local paper I had lost, Stan Chambers obviously thought the report he received was a typo and corrected it:biggrin-new:
                It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

So far so good in the Pink Ribbon. Won my opening 3 matches and now I've drawn Jack Lisowski on Saturday

I get 18 start as he's a pro. Although I've got a feeling I might need more
                  WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                  Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                    So far so good in the Pink Ribbon. Won my opening 3 matches and now I've drawn Jack Lisowski on Saturday

I get 18 start as he's a pro. Although I've got a feeling I might need more
                    Well played mate, I lost in the Thursday and Friday final rounds to qualify for Saturday. You played well from what I saw, especially against Lisowski.
                    Great few days away!

Comment

Well played mate, I lost in the Thursday and Friday final rounds to qualify for Saturday. You played well from what I saw, especially against Lisowski.
                      Great few days away!
                      Cheers mate.

How did play Tom? Did you struggle or just lost tough matches? You're normally playing good people by the time you're in that third round.

I'm definitely gonna stop out next year. Was too much traveling down each day. Got home on Friday at 2:30am and then had to be back to play Jack at 10:30am. 3 hours sleep. I was absolutely dead ha!!

Comment

Cheers mate.

How did play Tom? Did you struggle or just lost tough matches? You're normally playing good people by the time you're in that third round.

I'm definitely gonna stop out next year. Was too much traveling down each day. Got home on Friday at 2:30am and then had to be back to play Jack at 10:30am. 3 hours sleep. I was absolutely dead ha!!
                        I struggled on Thursday, I lost to Barry Stark who played incredibly solid. I wasn't at the races though. I was still playing that match at gone 11pm having played my first match at 10am, couldn't concentrate at all.
                        Friday I played much better but went 2-0 down against a decent player, I made 74 in the 4th frame but lost a tactical decider on the pink to just miss out. I won all my matches 3-2 which probably took a lot out of me to be honest!
                        And my opponent on the Friday had 4 byes over the two days and had barely played which helped him!

You should stay over next year, we booked up early it cost £70 each for 2 nights which was decent. God knows how you started so well against jack having had 3 hours sleep lol

Comment

Well done Ted and Tom, out and about mixing it with the big boys!
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Well done Ted and Tom, out and about mixing it with the big boys!
                            Thanks mate. Was good fun!

Comment

Glad you all enjoyed Pink Ribbon. Scheduling of matches is a nightmare, especially when so many people pull out last minute or don't show up without notice.
                              Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Cheers mate.

Are you the guy that I spoke to from near Birmingham?

Just an update on how I did, I lost in the last 32 and the last 64.

I played well on Thursday, only had to win one match to get through but against a tough opponent, I had 80 off his break in the first frame and 102 off a long red in the second, ended up winning 3-1. Then I struggled through my two matches on Friday, won 3-0 and 3-1.
                                Saturday morning I won 4-0, played solid, then I had a my 2nd last 64 match. I lost 4-2 in a gruelling match against Rob James, the eventual runner up. I was very unlucky, I could've been 4-0 up but the level of the table let me down playing a few key shots towards the end of frames which completely changed the outcome of the match! I played decent, had an 81 to go 2-1 up. Just nothing went for me in the last few frames!
                                After that I was completely knackered, was suffering from a bad cold and eyes were struggling under the lights, played terrible in my last 32 match and lost 4-0 haha!

Overall pleased with how I played as I've not felt that confident knocking in big breaks in a competition before!

Comment

Working...
                                X