First Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Tournament

Entered me 1st tournament on Saturday.The under18 tourno at my club.got knocked out in the 1st round but was a bit unlucky.Am goin 2 go every week.Great craic altho im still an amateur,i havent even got me own cue!

Can u remember your 1st tournament.Howd you do??
    http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2...erloopyib3.gif

Still remember some of the shots InOff.... and that was 18 years ago! One of them came up in a competition last week, remembered the shot I played wrong last time and played a good safety instead of lollying it up for an easy pot. I like this thread, this has legs - rich vein hopefully; many members and guests will never have played in any events and may be worrying without needing to; the worst you do is lose, the best is when you feel proud of what you achieve and play better as a result; forever.
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

i used to play in tournaments in my club that used to be on every saturday i played in lodes of them and there was 1 lad that i could never beat. it was only best of 3 and he beat me 2-0 every time. then i got a new cue and it was a completley diffrent story i noticed a change straight away i neverlost a comprtition after that. now the club has gone under new ownership they dont put them on anymore i just play as a reserve for the team instead.

Comment

i used to play in tournaments in my club that used to be on every saturday i played in lodes of them and there was 1 lad that i could never beat. it was only best of 3 and he beat me 2-0 every time. then i got a new cue and it was a completley diffrent story i noticed a change straight away i never lost a competition after that. now the club has gone under new ownership they dont put them on anymore i just play as a reserve for the team instead.

Comment

didnt mean to post that twice sorry cant control this bloody computer and it is starting to frustrate me.

Comment

I currently play in a league, and the most frustrating thing sometimes, is when I play against a more mature ( read: youthfully challenged ? :-) opponent whose grown up playin billiards.

It's the case that you've set a great snooker against him, which should be a 1 cushion escape and leave the ball on if he misses.

Instead he goes around the table via 3 cushions, clips the target and leaves both fairly safe

Comment

I'm too old to remember my first competition. It was probably one at the Harrogate Manhatten Club

Comment

i can remember my first competition i thought i was the best player there i got abit over confident and i went out in the first round 2-0.

Comment

My first tournament was when I was 12. A memorial trophy for under 19's. I got through a couple of rounds but then I got a really good player in the qauter finals and got mullered.

Comment

Working...
                  X