Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley Hugill retains Tour Card

https://wst.tv/hugill-wins-wsf-open-...n-tour-return/

A good result for Ashley to regain his Tour Card .

But I was more interested in the young lad from the Ukraine , Iulian Baiko who is 14 years of age .

He had a very impressive victory against former pro Sean O'Sullivan , he beat him 3 nil in 27 minutes with average shot time of 13.58 seconds !!!

Does any one know anything about him ? Was wondering who has coached him to get to this level at such a young age ?

Didn't think snooker would be that popular in the Ukraine , but great to see more nationalities playing the game .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Seems to be a huge talent.
    I only remember seeing his name pop up in a few U16 or U18 events over the last two, three years. But that's it.
    Also he won the qualification for the 2019 Paul Hunter Classic with a 3-2 win over Barry Pinches. He lost then 0-4 to Ricky Walden in the first round of the main draw.

If I just look at him I would think he's older than 14 though.

Comment

I am assuming that someone from the UK is flying over to the Ukraine to coach him .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

it was an impressive event, 139 entrants from 36 countries!
        there was 38 group for the first round!
        4 players from Ukraine, I have noticed a lot of players from there recently in the amateur scene
        I was watching some of the matches on the stream and I have to say that the long potting was amazing!

yes well done Ashley, winning 8 out of 9 matches in all
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Just wondering if the young Ukrainian lad could have joined the Main Tour as a 14 year old? I thought you had to be a minimum of 16?
          The young Chinese lad who won the U18 event was listed as being 15 but I was guessing that by the time the 2020/2021 season starts he would have turned 16.
          Anyone know what the rules are?
          Something in the back of my mind thinks that Shaun Murphy was admitted to the Main Tour as a 15 year old. Could be wrong.

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
            https://wst.tv/hugill-wins-wsf-open-...n-tour-return/

A good result for Ashley to regain his Tour Card .

But I was more interested in the young lad from the Ukraine , Iulian Baiko who is 14 years of age .

He had a very impressive victory against former pro Sean O'Sullivan , he beat him 3 nil in 27 minutes with average shot time of 13.58 seconds !!!

Does any one know anything about him ? Was wondering who has coached him to get to this level at such a young age ?

Didn't think snooker would be that popular in the Ukraine , but great to see more nationalities playing the game .
            The first time I saw Iulian's name pop up was about 6 years ago. He played in the IBSF events for both the juniors and the mens at age 8. The very first event the player sheet indicated a high break of 20 I think and he made his first 30 in the event. He's come a long way in 6 years. Huge talent.

Comment

Working...
            X