No announcement yet.

Tip hardness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have recently started using talisman tips (wb medium) and have found that the mediums seem to be much harder than the blue diamonds i was using previously.however the tip works well for me and gives me just as much side and draw as the diamonds.this is mainly due (i think) to the construction of the tip,as it is made in a ring design,ie a central core with 3 or 4 layers around the core,as opposed to the kamui and moori tips which are vertically stacked layers.this means that on a straight shot you have a solid core hitting the cue ball,and when using side,you have two or three edges to give some extra grip to impart the side.
    if anyone is interested in using these tips,i would order through the website,as tony will throw in a couple of freebies with the order (ie extra tips,hand towels,free shirts) depending on the size of the order.
    as has been said before,it all comes down to personal preference.buy some different tips,try them out and make up your own mind.everyone plays differently,and you have to find which suits your style of play best.

Comment

ok,after doing some research (which i should have done first) forget what i said about the construction of the talisman tips.they are layered,like the other laminated tips,it is just the way they look when shaped,my apologies for this.however,all the rest is true,including the freebies if ordering through the website.every tip order will receive a free extra tip and a handtowel,which.in australia,is about a $15 bonus.something to think about!
      also,if you compare the talisman to the kamui and other laminated tips,it looks a much more finished product,you can order them pre-shaped as well,and these tips are harder than the kamui and the moori to boot (if you order the extra hard tips) if this is what you require.

Comment

if you are a tip salesman you are not doing a very good job - it helps to know a little about the product.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

tatuonline, very thanks for this link

I just need some guige like that couse i became pretty confused about tip market and hardness of tips. Someone said- but its all 14 mm tips. That's true, and results will probably be some different on 10mm tips but all measures are on same diameter and that's only important because density not mean anything to us than relationship between various tips... and that's the same. Now I can see that, for example, Talisman Pro - soft is actually harder than Kamui Black - medium.... thats important, thanks again mate, this guide will help me a lot.

Comment

this link is not really helpfull because the tool used to measure is a pin and does not represent the way you strike a ball. i have tried to do a similar thing with a rounded end on the shore meter but its very tricky!
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Anyone out there thinking elk master and blue diamond are the be-all and end-all of tips, then try Mike Wooldridge SUPER TIP. Easily find them on e-bay or the MW site. They are much more consistent than elks or blues. Try them people, and let me know what you think!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by scottd9993 View Post
                Anyone out there thinking elk master and blue diamond are the be-all and end-all of tips, then try Mike Wooldridge SUPER TIP. Easily find them on e-bay or the MW site. They are much more consistent than elks or blues. Try them people, and let me know what you think!!!
                Welcome to the forum mate
                If you use the search facility (top right) you will find lots of people rate the super tip very highly. I love them and at the moment don't want to try anything else. I tried a Talisman soft & liked it, but it delaminated twice, and at that sort of money i'm not giving them a 3rd chance no way. Also tried the Pool Baron tip i got free from adr147 which was too soft for my liking, & just put an Aurora layered tip on a spare cue but havn't had time to assess it yet.

Comment

Working...
                X