No announcement yet.

John Higgins live from Glasgow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the translations. I appreciate it.
    2008-09 Prediction Champion

Comment

Warm thanks, RGCirencester you helped a lot! Now I've got John's words.
      Yeh, it's really hard to understand the scottish accent for foreign people like me, but the more I listen the more I catch and the less I goggle my eyes.
      So RG, it wasn't a waste of time at all and thanks for your effort!

Comment

Your welcome
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

great stuff ferret.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Good interview Kevin!
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Accents are a real problem but Chelski FC and Man U seem to manage. Personally I can understand Higgins perfectly (ha ha) but have a real problem with Ding!! We've all got to try harder as snooker is a global game.

Comment

What is happening to the game i love ????

The world snooker series is another badly judged, ill thought out and more than likely damaging to snooker as a whole.
                How on earth can watching lesser lights being smashed by top 16 players be a spectacle worth watching, i can understand why Higgins and co are promoting it as with only 6 tournaments on the main tour its a nice little earner for them.
                As with most sports that try to run 2 bodies, both badly run by people who either do not undestand snooker or who have no idea on running a promoting from a business aspect.
                with little leadership and guidance on both parties "WSS & WSA" would do well to sit together and try to get the game back where it should be, perhaps give Barry Hearn a ring !!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by GAD63 View Post
                  The world snooker series is another badly judged, ill thought out and more than likely damaging to snooker as a whole.
                  How on earth can watching lesser lights being smashed by top 16 players be a spectacle worth watching, i can understand why Higgins and co are promoting it as with only 6 tournaments on the main tour its a nice little earner for them.
                  As with most sports that try to run 2 bodies, both badly run by people who either do not undestand snooker or who have no idea on running a promoting from a business aspect.
                  with little leadership and guidance on both parties "WSS & WSA" would do well to sit together and try to get the game back where it should be, perhaps give Barry Hearn a ring !!!!
                  You cannot stop some players to be suicidal. Or masochist. Or feel like they want to be punching bags for some top stars and call that 'an honour'.

Checkside replied on the other thread that 'if Barry Hearn was in charge of the WSA, snooker would be drawing big crowds and have some big sponsors.' Maybe. The way I see it, one thing is certain: good old Barry would never ever dream of launching such unequal and cruel events that prove nothing and (at least until the semi-finals) show next to nothing.
                  Last edited by Mignon; 3 November 2009, 05:31 PM.
                  Winner of the 2009 UK Championship Lucky Dip
                  Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

Will the event in Poland take place as scheduled on the 14th and 15th of November?
                    Co-winner of Spike’s 2009 UK Championship number of centuries prediction contest

Comment

thanks for the transcription arrr geee.. higgys accent is a nightmare for a crayon

Comment

Originally Posted by Mignon View Post
                        Will the event in Poland take place as scheduled on the 14th and 15th of November?
                        Good point, I forgot about that, probably because it hasn't been mentioned anywhere!

On the World Series of Snooker forum, the WSoS tournament director has confirmed that the Warsaw event planned for Nov. 14th and 15th (this weekend) has been moved and now won't be this side of Christmas. Apparantly there will be an event in Saudi Arabia but I don't know for sure what the dates are but according to ferret who posted on WSoS, 19th and 20th December.

bongo

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Bongo. I am in Warsaw this weekend and if possible I wanted to go watch some snooker.... No info anywhere around, no one has heard of any tournament big or small... Fortunately, there are plenty other things to see....

Comment

Working...
                          X