Break Building Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck today Steve .

It takes time to bring your solo practice game to matches but the more you play these the more it transfers .

Comment

Good luck Steve.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Good luck and let us know all the details Steve

Comment

3-2 win chaps!! 36 highest break for me... it’s OK for a start!

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
            3-2 win chaps!! 36 highest break for me... it’s OK for a start!
            Well done Steve .

Was it a 36 clearance to win it 3-2 John Higgins style .....?

Was you happy with your game ?

Comment

That's not bad at all, well played.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Well done Steve .

Was it a 36 clearance to win it 3-2 John Higgins style .....?

Was you happy with your game ?
                No, it should have been more like a 60 break! Probably 7 or 8 reds nicely spread around the black and missed a easy pot really to keep the break going... I’m happy though to get the win, some good little safety exchanges, it was just good to play against someone playing back! The win was a bonus really... I’d have been happy either way!

Comment

No, it should have been more like a 60 break! Probably 7 or 8 reds nicely spread around the black and missed a easy pot really to keep the break going... I’m happy though to get the win, some good little safety exchanges, it was just good to play against someone playing back! The win was a bonus really... I’d have been happy either way!
                  Sounds like something I’m doing a lot at the moment .

I m going to be rather jealous of you guys with your own table over the next month or so ....

Comment

Another Lockdown! I can well see this lasting into the the New Year... not just for Xmas

Comment

Another Lockdown! I can well see this lasting into the the New Year... not just for Xmas
                      What a year I’ve picked to start playing again...

Comment

It could be worse!!

...... although I’m not sure how

Comment

At least construction has been kept open , founds went in today.

Comment

It could be worse Steve ,you could have missed the first colour on your 36 break and lost

Comment

Could be right, there’s not much in it... correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure the jaw of the pocket is supposed to be at it’s narrowest point at the fall? After that the pocket should open up a fraction into the back of the pocket to accept the ball?
                              I think the pro cut is parallel from the fall as are yours, old tables with original cushions have a billiard cut which is more rounded and that means the pocket narrows after the fall which makes them tighter and is why billiard players used side on the cue ball to help with losing hazards (in offs) and why billiards was not really a potting game until rules about restricting repetitive shots were brought in.
                              Many of the top pros back in the day could make multi hundred breaks purely with losing hazards from the D over and over again, that's how good they were.

Many old club tables weren't supplied new and fitted using pocket templates at all, just bolted on the supplied cushions already cut to shape so pockets were different on every table in different clubs, some generous, others really tight. I'm sure it's the same in all areas of the UK, some tables you love while others you hate.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Hi everyone and hello Steve!

I don't use the forum much these days, so I don't tend to see these threads.
                                ​​​​​​
                                Thinking 3 shots ahead for me was absolutely massive in my development as a player. As I said in the training: when on a red, think about the next red after that one, when on a colour, think about the next colour after that one. That's as complicated as it needs to be for now.

Another thing to point out. These things take lots of time and effort. Once I was aware of thinking 3 shots ahead, it took me 2 and a half years of hard work and practice to achieve my first century break. Your brain needs time to get used to the patterns and thinking in the correct way.

I'm sure you will get the improvements you want Steve, but be patient and enjoy the process. Your potting, positional play, though process, shot selection etc. will all get better and better with every session you practice. All of those things then come together to make a better player.
                                WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                                Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X