Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is there some sort of 'warm-up routine' before a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there some sort of 'warm-up routine' before a match?

Hi,
    the headline says it all.
    Would you recommend some sort of warm-up before playing a match? And if so, how would that warm-up look like?

cheers.

Do you mean practice routines? If so if I only have 5/10 minutes before a match i'll just practice clearing the colours, there are lots of different shots involved in a colour clearance, little screws, stuns etc so it's really good for releasing a bit of tension.
    If I have longer i'll do mini line ups with reds between the pink and black and maybe a few long blues just to get the alignment settled.
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

ok, thanks.
      so it's basically just a bunch of practice routines

reason I was asking is that last night I went to practice alone, but ended up playing against someone in the club instead.
      It felt that I was playing much worse than usual. (I am a beginner, but my potting got better in the recent weeks), and I was wondering whether I would have needed an hour or half-hour practice to 'warm up'.

On the other hand, I had a busy day at work, and it could be that stress from work also has an impact my performance...

Comment

Originally Posted by bentCue View Post
        Hi,
        the headline says it all.
        Would you recommend some sort of warm-up before playing a match? And if so, how would that warm-up look like?

cheers.
        I've always got to the club early so I can do a few warm up routines, it's paid dividends in every sport I've played.

For me, it gets you loose and in a decent frame of mind and breaks up whatever you did in the day with the match so you don't go straight from any daily stress and introduce that into your arm and game.
        Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
        Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
        Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Black and two reds, one red half way between pink and black spot, the other hallway between black and the cushion. Just alternate between the two reds. I’ll also play a few shots of the cushion! They always crop up in a match.

Comment

Try this one. The 51 drill. Only requires 12 shots. All key shots. This is great for warming up or just to see where your game is at regarding your ability level.

https://youtube.com/c/SimonSeabridgeSnookerCoaching
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            Last edited by inevermissblue; 4 November 2021, 06:59 AM.
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Something simple, just to get your arm going, like what Danger Steve posted. I don't want any doubt entering my head , I want to feel positive so nothing hard.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                Try this one. The 51 drill. Only requires 12 shots. All key shots. This is great for warming up or just to see where your game is at regarding your ability level.

https://youtube.com/c/SimonSeabridgeSnookerCoaching
                I have heard of this one before but for some reason it's gone to the back of my mind.

It ,makes sense to practice the last 3 reds a fair bit as it does crop up often so if I can remember I'll give it a go!
                Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

I have heard of this one before but for some reason it's gone to the back of my mind.

It ,makes sense to practice the last 3 reds a fair bit as it does crop up often so if I can remember I'll give it a go!
                  you're right mate, amazing how many times you get your chance to clinch a frame with 3 reds remaining!
                  "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
                  X