Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Henry - "the balls" and other coaches

Hi all,

Just came across Reanne Evans' instagram video of her using "the balls". For anyone unfamiliar it's a coaching aid Chris Henry has developed to aid centre ball cue ball striking.
    I thought i'd have a look and see the cost of them online and was absolutely blown away. Has anybody invested in these or have any thoughts around coaches in my opinion exploiting people with gimmicks?

There's a link here for anybody interested, the online coaching sessions are mind blowingly expensive.

https://www.chrishenrysports.com/store
    "just tap it in":snooker:

Personly I think it’s an expensive gimmick ,just like a lot of the golf crap you can buy ,I much prefer to run the cue ball up the spots ,down the baulk line ,then hit some plain ball shots ,white on to red in to corner pockets dead straight from only a couple of feet to four feet , away and try and smack the back of the pocket plate ,doing this for around 10 minutes really helps I have found

Comment

Just seen the price of the coaching and the balls , he’s having a laugh , he must be

Comment

I don't like training aids either. To me the best training aid is the table and a decent set of balls, you can do all the necessary practice drills with them. No need for a £100+ quid pair of ping pong balls to do that.

Here's another opinion that may suggest they could help certain people.

⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Aw no, is this more ****e I'm going to buy
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

The idea of the balls is ok, the price is ridiculous! 20quid would be a better!

Comment

The cost of his ‘Amateur’ coaching is also ridiculous! What amateur player could afford that on a regular basis?

Comment

[QUOTE=Danger Steve;n1014638]The cost of his

Comment

Someone that's not very bright and has more money than sense

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
                    Someone that's not very bright and has more money than sense
                    think that's my issue, it preys on those with no sense. There can't even be many professionals who could afford a day's online session with him.
                    Btw not knocking Henry in the sense of his standing in the game, I understand he's a master of the psychological aspects I just find it difficult to comprehend these prices, especially when there's so little money even in the professional game (unless you're top 32).

Comment

Naivety and the want for a quick fix. I've bought into a few of the cheaper gimmicks - the Barrow training ball for one which takes forever to set up right! I think the standing of some of the pioneers of these training aids is part of the issue - when they try to promote something as a quick fix, the naive think 'that's the answer!'

Comment

I'll play devil's advocate. I'm not into gimmicks but I got these on a 'special' (£50). You also get 8 videos with various routines using 1, both and a mixture of light and normal balls. They do magnify if you are not hitting centre or lining up shots.

Just hitting the light white into the corner from baulk if you are half a tip off will miss by inches whereas you wouldn't notice with the normal white.

Comment

Originally Posted by guernseygooner View Post
                          I'll play devil's advocate. I'm not into gimmicks but I got these on a 'special' (£50). You also get 8 videos with various routines using 1, both and a mixture of light and normal balls. They do magnify if you are not hitting centre or lining up shots.

Just hitting the light white into the corner from baulk if you are half a tip off will miss by inches whereas you wouldn't notice with the normal white.
                          Nothing wrong with playing devil's advocate mate. Did you find they improved your game? £50 is almost acceptable in fairness taking into account the content you received too.

Comment

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
                            Naivety and the want for a quick fix. I've bought into a few of the cheaper gimmicks - the Barrow training ball for one which takes forever to set up right! I think the standing of some of the pioneers of these training aids is part of the issue - when they try to promote something as a quick fix, the naive think 'that's the answer!'
                            That training ball is probably the gimmick of all gimmicks, I remember watching a mate of mine practice for 10 minutes with one. I think he played about 5 shots, it took him so long to set the balls up.

Comment

The idea of the light weight balls by Chris is good. They are quite expensive though as are most top end cues. Ultimately, we are the decision makers.

Comment

Working...
                              X