Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

four points of contact (chin, chest, bridge, grip hand) question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by tomwalker147 View Post

I wanted to give a good account of myself
    That I think has been one of my major downfalls since coming back to the game. Knowing how I used to play and now trying too hard when playing others especially better players. It’s a sort of fear of letting myself down and embarrassing myself , which is all in my head of course .

Hopefully that will all pass with time and getting used to things again.

Thanks for the insight into your mental preparation. Having a good regular routine is key if you can do it. It all makes perfect sense if you think about it.

Comment

I have no confidence in match’s at the moment ,played last night and won 7-3 ,I was crap , but not as crap as my mate ,scrappy games and lots of misses, same as last week at the club , made no breaks of note , won 4-2 but was rubbish really .Made two century’s last week in practice ,then play like a numpty .Must be something missing ,bloody frustrating game

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
        I have no confidence in match’s at the moment ,played last night and won 7-3 ,I was crap , but not as crap as my mate ,scrappy games and lots of misses, same as last week at the club , made no breaks of note , won 4-2 but was rubbish really .Made two century’s last week in practice ,then play like a numpty .Must be something missing ,bloody frustrating game

I’ve been practicing with an ex pro a bit and he gave me a bit of advice about not judging how your playing on the breaks you are making but more on your match play. I’ve tried to follow that advice as mentally it’s more positive than putting yourself down even after winning the match .
        If my potting and break building isn’t up to scratch on the day I’ve tried to win with my tactical game. Considering I’m getting my backside kicked by better players most of the time my tactical game has improved no end

Comment

[QUOTE=Starsky;n1014865]

I

Comment

I think your right Starsky thinking about it ,my long potting was good and I managed to pot vital balls on the colours .You can get dragged down if your opponent is playing bad I suppose .As you say playing better players and getting your arse kicked a few times will eventually sharpen you up

Comment

Working...
            X