Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sightright experience and testimonials

Hi all

I know sightright has been mentioned on here a few times and a couple of people have mentioned making your own version of the sightright aid using folded paper. I am more interested in how you utilise the aid and the training drills etc to get the most out of the aid.

Has anyone tried the courses and have any feedback / reviews?

I'm a believer in hard work especially in improving the game and the gadgets don't work. However, also believe doing things wrong over and over doesn't work either and with the profession player endorsements, I can't help wonder if Mr Feeney has actually found a way to help with cueing and sighting / aiming that will help get the basics of the game to a high standard.

Please share your thoughts and experiences.

Just watching Stephen Hendry on his comeback , and Murphy's terrible lack of form is enough to steer me away from stuff like that .

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post
      Just watching Stephen Hendry on his comeback , and Murphy's terrible lack of form is enough to steer me away from stuff like that .
      Add Stuart Bingham to the mix.

Comment

Playing the devils advocate here but it seems to have helped Mark Williams prolong his career .
        I also know some good amateurs who have used it and they are very positive . The one on one coaching seems to be the better option as they have had coaching with Steve Feeney himself and not the online only option.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
          Playing the devils advocate here but it seems to have helped Mark Williams prolong his career .
          I also know some good amateurs who have used it and they are very positive . The one on one coaching seems to be the better option as they have had coaching with Steve Feeney himself and not the online only option.
          Maybe that’s where the devils in the detail ,proper one to one coaching ,wether using sightright or not

Comment

Originally Posted by mikee View Post

Maybe that’s where the devils in the detail ,proper one to one coaching ,wether using sightright or not
            No gimmicks basically

What would put me off is the fundamental changes you normally have to make to your technique and the amount of hours you would have to put on the practice table to implement them.

It’s alright for those that have their own table but for the likes of the average player playing 2-3 a week max it’s a big commitment.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys.

So, Vmax posted a paper version of the sight right in another post which I mocked up a while ago. When I use that, I come into the **** much more from the left than I usually do. Like, to me, I am not near centre at all. BUT - playing the white up and down the spots from this method I get the white back up to touch my tip perfectly every single time!

This is why I am interested in the course - there IS something there, clearly. I can't help but wonder what the accompanying drills etc may be and what else the coaching offers that may improve areas of my game

Comment

I think when you’ve been playing years it’s hard to make massive changes ,we all have days where we can pot them off the lampshades so to speak ,so we can play well on a good day .Let’s be honest though not many of us are going to be knocking on the door of the WST no matter what we do

Comment

Originally Posted by NonStarter View Post
                  Thanks for the replies, guys.

So, Vmax posted a paper version of the sight right in another post which I mocked up a while ago. When I use that, I come into the **** much more from the left than I usually do. Like, to me, I am not near centre at all. BUT - playing the white up and down the spots from this method I get the white back up to touch my tip perfectly every single time!

This is why I am interested in the course - there IS something there, clearly. I can't help but wonder what the accompanying drills etc may be and what else the coaching offers that may improve areas of my game
                  I think your right, there is something there as the players I know were very good anyway beforehand and they have said it’s improved their game and I believe them .
                  I think if your playing at a lower level though then you’ll probably benefit from most coaching techniques anyway as there will be some fundamentals that your not getting right that’s holding you back from improving .
                  Also remember once you get the fundamentals right unless you put the hours in on the practice table you won’t improve no matter what your taught.

Comment

Been playing snooker since the 70's . My games deteriorated steadily over the last 20 yrs - eye problems and father time catching me up. Last five yrs think me highest breaks been mid thirties , used to knock a few 50+ breaks in the local snooker league ( highest match break 94) ,and represented our local league in the county league a good few years back . Never had coaching cos I thought I was never good enough to warrant it . Just enjoyed playing .

Went the Barbican to watch the UK's in December ,really woke my interest up again and decided to sign up to the Sightright online coaching thingy since I've plenty of time now . I am really impressed so far. Sorted my sighting out - didn't even know I had a problem with that to be honest .

The course builds logically on finding the correct sightline for each person and develops from there,

I'm just over half way through - on the basics- and am still trying to commit all I've learnt into snooker muscle memory so I try not to rush through the course. I have got to say there has been a very noticeable improvement in my game.

Last few sessions playing with a friend has seen me knocking in a a few 40s and 50s . The ability to knock in a line up ton has returned now although I'm still well capable of playing crap .

Over all it's been well worth the money already - and I've not started on the practice routines yet .

The whole course seems constructed to develop in the way that suits yourself - it's not robotic .

It's helped me greatly thus far so I thought I would post my thoughts . Maybe it's not for everyone cos we're all different .Has anyone had a bad experience with it?

Comment

Hi Ramalama. Thanks for replying and your very insightful feedback.

I actually too have signed up. Agree the alignment and sighting has really been eye opening. I've got through most of it and now going back over again whilst applying to my game.

I tell you my struggle with it, the step into the shot from the sighting position. I always were a bit side on and there doesn't seem to be any real tangible and practical measure for where the feet should go. I tend to either put the left leg (I'm right handed) too far forward or too square. That's my only struggle and unfortunately, I'm not very good at the whole 'yes, that's how I did it' unless I can break down and recount exactly to a formula.. The rest of the course is very good for me.

Also - where abouts in the country are you? Might be good to private message and stay in touch if you like. I've heard buddying up with it even to discuss the content is good as there's not much else in terms of materials related to sightright easily accessible.

Comment

Glad someone else has decided to try it . Seems like you have the same problem as myself . Will pm you in a bit when I've done me chores.

Comment

Out of interest, which option did you each sign up for, monthly or lifetime? I've been looking at it..

Comment

I went for the annual. In fairness the tutorial and sightright might be enough for someone who's smart about setting routines to work to. I think you can increase membership levels as well. Hope that helps mate.

Comment

I'd looked at the lifetime one as its only a few quid more than the annual but couldn't work out if it was the same content or reduced in some way

Comment

Working...
                              X