Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body movement help!

Hey everyone,

I've been working religiously on my technique recently and i've ironed out quite a lot of flaws. One flaw which I noticed a while ago is that I lift my body on the backswing and sometimes again a little more before delivery. I feel still on the shot so not always aware I'm doing it.

I think I do it to help accelerate the cue and when I really force myself to stay rock solid, I feel like I won't build enough cue speed.

The only thing I can think of is to just concentrate hard on not doing it until it becomes habit.

Does anyone have any other ideas!? I'd be all ears.

Cheers,

Martin

Also, is anyone here based in the North West?

Comment

Any body movement is more times than not due to tension somewhere. You may feel you are holding the cue lightly for example but it may be a cause if not

Comment

send in a video, I can't really help without seeing your technique mate, it could be any of a 100 reasons but is likely easily fixed.
        "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Thanks both. I've been playing around with my stance to try and get more solid and reduce tension but still got some work to do I think. I'll take the camera in over the weekend and post a vid. Sometimes it's only very subtle whereas other times is blindingly obvious.

Is that pic you playing in the pink ribbon Tom? I never managed to play in that but did get up to SWSA a few times. Miss that place.

Comment

Originally Posted by Marfling View Post
            Thanks both. I've been playing around with my stance to try and get more solid and reduce tension but still got some work to do I think. I'll take the camera in over the weekend and post a vid. Sometimes it's only very subtle whereas other times is blindingly obvious.

Is that pic you playing in the pink ribbon Tom? I never managed to play in that but did get up to SWSA a few times. Miss that place.
            Great stuff, no rush just send something in when you get a chance.
            Yeah that was the pink ribbon, I miss it too, I don't really get the chance to enter many competitions these days and having the chance to play top amateurs and professionals was brilliant, oh and all for charity too!
            "just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

Working...
            X