Major dominant eye test issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major dominant eye test issue?

I know the dominant eye topic has been done to death and it seems to be a bit of a marmite subject, but one thing I haven't come across is what I consider an issue in the dominant eye tests. Take the test of placing your finger over an object in the distance and closing your eyes one at a time to determine your dominant eye. When I look at an object in the distance and try and place my finger over it, I see 2 fingers. This must happen to everyone as you have 2 eyes and not focusing directly on the object will lead to this. So how does this test actually work?

The test is done by looking at the object and pointing the finger at it. yes it's a bit out of focus when you do this but that's something you need to overcome.
    You could simply close one eye and do the test, your brain will automatically choose your dominant eye to do this unless of course you overide it just to be awkward
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Google says 82% are natural dominant eye same side as dominant hand. 18% are cross eye dominant.
      But the snooker players, maybe only the snooker players in sport, around 80% are cross eye dominant.
      Why? Because these players are not natural cross eye dominant, but they changed to be cross eye dominant after years of playing.
      Cross Eye Dominant has some advantages, for a right handed player, left eye is closer to the bridge hand, so is the cue. And left eye is closer to the cue ball and the cue tip...so the brain uses the left eye as the dominant eye, when aiming at the snooker table, but not the other activities!
      Easy strategy: train yourself to be cross eye dominant.
      Attached Files

Comment

One way to check your dominant eye.

https://youtu.be/1FRVSfwHBG8

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
          One way to check your dominant eye.

https://youtu.be/1FRVSfwHBG8
          Dominant eye for finger pointing might not be the same as dominant eye for snooker aiming. Many right handed snooker players use left eye dominant for snooker aiming but use right eye dominant for other useages。

So there should be two tests, one is the normal test as in the footage (or hole in the card test, point test). Another one is to aim in a straight line on cue tip-cue ball-object ball at the table, then freeze, ask a friend to check which eye close to the line, or take a photo to study, or close one eye left and right in turn
          ,, to see which one is the dominant eye.

Here is the problem, when one found out that his natural dominant eye is different from his snooker dominant eye, what should he do?

Comment

Originally Posted by taipafan View Post

Dominant eye for finger pointing might not be the same as dominant eye for snooker aiming. Many right handed snooker players use left eye dominant for snooker aiming but use right eye dominant for other useages。

So there should be two tests, one is the normal test as in the footage (or hole in the card test, point test). Another one is to aim in a straight line on cue tip-cue ball-object ball at the table, then freeze, ask a friend to check which eye close to the line, or take a photo to study, or close one eye left and right in turn
            ,, to see which one is the dominant eye.

Here is the problem, when one found out that his natural dominant eye is different from his snooker dominant eye, what should he do?
            I might have misread that. I thought it was cueing related. Won't this video work for your issue too?

Comment

Originally Posted by fkhan View Post
              Won't this video work for your issue too?
              The video tells us how to find the dominant eye in general. But for snooker players, this might be misleading ...as I said above...[Dominant eye for finger pointing might not be the same as dominant eye for snooker aiming.]

When Mark Selby checks on somethings, he uses his right eye, that is his dominant eye in general, but we know he uses his left eye for snooker aiming...

930.png

Comment

Originally Posted by taipafan View Post

The video tells us how to find the dominant eye in general. But for snooker players, this might be misleading ...as I said above...[Dominant eye for finger pointing might not be the same as dominant eye for snooker aiming.]

When Mark Selby checks on somethings, he uses his right eye, that is his dominant eye in general, but we know he uses his left eye for snooker aiming...

930.png
                Maybe he can only close one eye …I know I can only close my left one as well( when right eye open that is ) 😉

Comment

Another maybe...

929.png

Comment

This had me thinking last time I was playing and I was thinking to myself which eye is better. Glad i wasnt going crazy hehehee

Comment

Working...
                    X