Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Technique Help required.

Hi!

I am a right handed player. Recently, I discovered that I was left eye dominant player but most of my snooker life I have placed my cue below the right eye or in the middle. So I started to put it under my left eye and my game improved drastically where I started making centuries as opposed to 50s or 60s. Then I didn't practice for 2 months.

NOw, for some reason, when I play the cue ball up and down the spots, I am applying left hand side every time. I used to do this exercise before as well and this never happened. I have been spent 20+ hours trying to fix this and I have got nothing but frustration. Please help.

Also, if there is an object ball to the right of the pink spot and the cue ball is low on it so that it makes it almost natural to come down for the blue. I always hit this shot thin. Another shot would be high black from the yellow side of the table. I tend to hit this thin too.

For the majority of right handed players the right foot is on the line of aim and acts as a pivot point while the left foot position dictates body position and therefore where the cue is pointing.
    Most right handed left eye sighters use a boxer stance where the left foot is in front of the right foot so that the cue falls naturally under the left eye, right handed right eye sighters use a square stance so the the cue falls naturally under the right eye, for left handers the left foot acts as a pivot point.
    Then there are the weird ones who have their heads cocked right or left to get the sighting eye over the cue, depends on which of these you are or have chosen to be when you switched cue position to under your left eye, but it's feet position that is most important and easiest to rectify.

Hitting with unwanted sidespin is why most shots are hit too thin as when using side one mostly has to aim thicker to allow for deflection and swerve of the cue ball, so my guess is that you only have one problem. It's up to you to experiment and find out what needs to be done.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thank you for your suggestion. I actually did the same thing when I went to practice today. I have gone back to the square stance with keeping my stick under my right eye. Apparently, with my boxer stance and stick under my left eye, my mind was looking at the point of contact differently and making my grip hand go towards the left every time. I think now my cue action is more Stephen Hendry like.

Comment

Working...
      X