Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cue alignment needs a fix

hi
    first of all thanks for this forum finally i found a forum about snooker online.

i have this problem that is caused either by my stance, or the way i turn my body while getting down

1: i sight the shot
    2: i put my right foot on line of the aim, at this point cue is bang online
    3: as soon as i lift my left foot to move forward to plant it the cue goes off ( by the way at the same time here i also turn my upper body too )
    4: most of the time 80% the cue butt is offline ( i put 2 chalks and i clearly can see that the cue goes off as soon as i lift my left leg and move forward to plant it.
    5: i try my best to hold the grip hand online at this point, and yeah i try to bring chest to cue, but the cue goes off way too early

my body turn is in sync when i am about to lift my left foot and about to plant.

i watched a youtube video,says you can turn the body first then walk in or you can walkin then just before you get down turn the body ( tried both methods but still cue butt offline)

i really appreciate your knowledge, time and experience
    thank you

Try the method here at 10:00, I found it very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqM1dAxvTa0
    If you wanna make it more consistent and technical, combine that method with this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Gzg--LQdI
    I used to just align the shot with "feel" but I found it to be inconsistent because my head position was changing all the time and the cue was aligned at the wrong spot on my chin.
    However, now I find stance to be irrelevant as long as you are aligning your cue correctly and you can deliver your cue straight with your stance.
    Also if can imagine the trajectory of the cue ball along the line of aim while feathering it would be a great help/reference.

Cheers,
    Jaden

Comment

Originally Posted by mrsnooker000 View Post
      hi
      first of all thanks for this forum finally i found a forum about snooker online.

i have this problem that is caused either by my stance, or the way i turn my body while getting down

3: as soon as i lift my left foot to move forward to plant it the cue goes off ( by the way at the same time here i also turn my upper body too )
      You might be turning your body on the ball of your right foot (heel goes left) as you move forward to plant your left foot to keep from putting too much strain on your right leg, pointing your right foot 45 degrees or so to the right for comfort.
      Doing this will turn the whole of your body to the left, the whole of your body includes your right arm thus taking it off the line of aim.
      Don't turn your right foot at all or if the strain on your right leg is too much then turn the right foot to the right only on your heel as this will keep your body in place as only your foot will move and won't take your body with it.

You don't say which direction the cue goes off the line so I'm assuming left which is commensurate with the turn of your body as you place your left foot.

Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by jdnzzf View Post
        Try the method here at 10:00, I found it very helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqM1dAxvTa0
        If you wanna make it more consistent and technical, combine that method with this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Gzg--LQdI
        I used to just align the shot with "feel" but I found it to be inconsistent because my head position was changing all the time and the cue was aligned at the wrong spot on my chin.
        However, now I find stance to be irrelevant as long as you are aligning your cue correctly and you can deliver your cue straight with your stance.
        Also if can imagine the trajectory of the cue ball along the line of aim while feathering it would be a great help/reference.

Cheers,
        Jaden
        wow finally someone who has exact problem as me, tnx for sharing the links.
        watched 10:00 first video link

10:00 while standing behind the shot my head position behind the line is like bartonsnooker, (sighting with right eye) because i recorded myself, and drew line after watching it.

however when i am down on the shot i use my center chin on the cue.

and the 2nd video yeah, thats exactly how i feel ,feel that my vision isnt looking at a straight angle, although i can see shots straight etc.
        but yeah he said play with stance and it might fix the issue, which hasnt for me.

tnx for sharing
        how is your vision center and body and head alignment?

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

You might be turning your body on the ball of your right foot (heel goes left) as you move forward to plant your left foot to keep from putting too much strain on your right leg, pointing your right foot 45 degrees or so to the right for comfort.
          Doing this will turn the whole of your body to the left, the whole of your body includes your right arm thus taking it off the line of aim.
          Don't turn your right foot at all or if the strain on your right leg is too much then turn the right foot to the right only on your heel as this will keep your body in place as only your foot will move and won't take your body with it.

You don't say which direction the cue goes off the line so I'm assuming left which is commensurate with the turn of your body as you place your left foot.
          firsly (and to answer your question is that once i plant my right foot, it never moves for the comfort , and as i plant my left foot i never move my right foot.)
          thank you for trying to understand my problem

my cue butt used to be to left all the time after 2 years now, its mix. i put 2 chalks above the cushion behind the brown spot and put the cueball on brown spot. and put another chalk on black cushion or even put the black ball on the cushion. i then play up and down
          i can clearly see that when i am down i have to do some adjustment with the cue or upper body to feel that i can hit the black spot straight. no matter how many times i get up and get down i am offline.
          once i do adjustment while down, (minor adjustment though)

CONFUSING BIT.............
          once i am down. i play up and down. but i cannot hit that black spot full ball. i can see from the black ball above the cushion to get a feedback. i can clearly see that i am unable to hit that black ball full.
          feels like blackball and the line of aim is to right of me. although the cue is dead center on line of aim after adjustment or sometimes i put the cue on line of aim then get down.
          but yet the black and line of aim looks like its pointing towards 1:00 oclock and my entire body is aiming towards 1:00 oclock. and that is why the cueball keeps coming back towards my right. although on spotted white there is no spin.

looks like brown, blue,pink, black spot . including the cue , cueball. all are in 1 straight line. but that 1 straight line is towards 1 oclock.
          its confusing to explain but thats how this straight line looks to me once i am down. although im 90% sure that my head is dead straight.

once i am down. all the middle line from brown to black. looks like this /
          as if someone has turned the entire table towards 1:00 oclock.
          so that is why i move my cue here in there, and i do upper body adjustment including changing weight balance etc.

Comment

firsly (and to answer your question is that once i plant my right foot, it never moves for the comfort , and as i plant my left foot i never move my right foot.)
            thank you for trying to understand my problem

my cue butt used to be to left all the time after 2 years now, its mix. i put 2 chalks above the cushion behind the brown spot and put the cueball on brown spot. and put another chalk on black cushion or even put the black ball on the cushion. i then play up and down
            i can clearly see that when i am down i have to do some adjustment with the cue or upper body to feel that i can hit the black spot straight. no matter how many times i get up and get down i am offline.
            once i do adjustment while down, (minor adjustment though)

CONFUSING BIT.............
            once i am down. i play up and down. but i cannot hit that black spot full ball. i can see from the black ball above the cushion to get a feedback. i can clearly see that i am unable to hit that black ball full.
            feels like blackball and the line of aim is to right of me. although the cue is dead center on line of aim after adjustment or sometimes i put the cue on line of aim then get down.
            but yet the black and line of aim looks like its pointing towards 1:00 oclock and my entire body is aiming towards 1:00 oclock. and that is why the cueball keeps coming back towards my right. although on spotted white there is no spin.

looks like brown, blue,pink, black spot . including the cue , cueball. all are in 1 straight line. but that 1 straight line is towards 1 oclock.
            its confusing to explain but thats how this straight line looks to me once i am down. although im 90% sure that my head is dead straight.

once i am down. all the middle line from brown to black. looks like this /
            as if someone has turned the entire table towards 1:00 oclock.
            so that is why i move my cue here in there, and i do upper body adjustment including changing weight balance etc.

Place your right foot outside the line of aim by about two inches and move your left foot to a parallel position, this should point your body down the table at the 12 o'clock position and favour your sighting eye.
            Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
            but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Place your right foot outside the line of aim by about two inches and move your left foot to a parallel position, this should point your body down the table at the 12 o'clock position and favour your sighting eye.
              This is what I am using as well. People always talk about putting the right foot ON the line of aim. But I found my body to be twisting a lot, which causes head placement to be inconsistent. Instead, put your right foot just a little bit outside the line of aim, kind of like you are squeezing the line with your right foot and then turn your body so that your head is above your right foot(dont't have to be exact, just the general direction).The key here is consistency.

Comment

wow finally someone who has exact problem as me, tnx for sharing the links.
                watched 10:00 first video link

10:00 while standing behind the shot my head position behind the line is like bartonsnooker, (sighting with right eye) because i recorded myself, and drew line after watching it.

however when i am down on the shot i use my center chin on the cue.

and the 2nd video yeah, thats exactly how i feel ,feel that my vision isnt looking at a straight angle, although i can see shots straight etc.
                but yeah he said play with stance and it might fix the issue, which hasnt for me.

tnx for sharing
                how is your vision center and body and head alignment?
                My cue rest against the right part of my chin(kinda like shown in the video. I am right-eye dominant). As Barry Stark said, ever minor adjustment is going to need a bit of time to get used to since snooker is a game of precision(or something like that). Like I said before, the key here is consistency. So what you need to find is a head placement, stance, cue alignment that can give you a clear sense of what the cue ball trajectory is going to be when you feather. That's the purpose of these videos. And then just keep at it until you become consistent. Since you know how the cue ball is going to travel and you know where the point of contact needs to be(by standing behind the object ball), assuming you can cue straight(or find a stance where you can do so), the rest, with practice, should be automatic. I am no expert at snooker, but I own a snooker table so I can try whatever I learned online quickly. And these videos is what gave me a huge improvement in my game.

Comment

Originally Posted by jdnzzf View Post

This is what I am using as well. People always talk about putting the right foot ON the line of aim. But I found my body to be twisting a lot, which causes head placement to be inconsistent. Instead, put your right foot just a little bit outside the line of aim, kind of like you are squeezing the line with your right foot and then turn your body so that your head is above your right foot(dont't have to be exact, just the general direction).The key here is consistency.
                  can you please post a picture of your feet position. what do you mean by sqeezing ? and outside line of aim to the right or to the left ? a picture would really help if you can please share, tnx

Comment

outside the line of aim , move my right foot to the right about 2 inches? or by outside you mean i should move my body to the left of line of aim. tnx

Comment

outside the line of aim , move my right foot to the right about 2 inches? or by outside you mean i should move my body to the left of line of aim. tnx
                      Yes to the right, stance is dictated by the feet, your body and your head will follow. And don't forget your left foot, parallel to the right foot, if that doesn't work then experiment with your right foot and left foot position until you see improvement.
                      Do not ever just move the cue to a place somewhere on your chin, your feet will put you in the correct place.

Comment

Working...
                      X