Elbow drift when feathering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbow drift when feathering

I used to play a lot of snooker 10 years ago and had to stop because of life but I always loved the game. Got along alright by the end, made a high break of 106 and was getting to a point where I was happily making regular 40s/50s.

About 4 months ago I thought I'd try to give it a crack again and my technique felt all over the place. Been filming myself and assessing the flaws and got to a point where it feels good for the most part(?)

There's something that I can't seem to figure out though which is when I feather my elbow drifts inwards.

My pre shot routine consists of feet together, walk in, stretch out + shoulder alignment, then pause, feather and deliver. For the most part I start bang on vertical forearm before I start drifting into the body.

My grip is loose (90% of the feel is in the index and thumb) and I twist my upper body as far as I can go without losing the forward momentum, with a consistent touch on the chin and chest.

Does anyone have thoughts on how I might rectify this?

Attached is a video of an example, my desk is set at 32" which I think is the height of the bed of a snooker table.
Working...
X