Lining up the shot with light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lining up the shot with light.

I know there has been many theads on this forum that have touched on potting angles and lining up the shot.Many use the ghost ball theory,and many like myself tend to just go down and pot where we think the angle is,and learn by success verses failure.
    But on talking to a fellow snooker player whom I have much respest for,being elderly,a multiple 100 plus player and with much experience,swears by the light on the balls theory.
    Is there any truth to the princple that if you line up light reflexion from cue ball to object ball,then that will give you your straight line and then you can work out angles around that.
    Has anyone ever heard this principle?..............Is there any truth to it?

Looking forward to your responses.......

NO TRUTH AT ALL!

It's about as accurate as closing your eyes and throwing your cue at the white...

Seriously, don't use it, it's very unreliable.

Comment

It's about as accurate as closing your eyes and throwing your cue at the white...

I like that! I've got the giggles!
      Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

Originally Posted by Strickimicki View Post
        I like that! I've got the giggles!
        I'm glad you liked it!

Comment

I also know a ton breaker who swears by use of the lights.

So there is definitely something in it.

Comment

Originally Posted by checkSide View Post
            I also know a ton breaker who swears by use of the lights.

So there is definitely something in it.
            How exactly does it work, I didnt really follow the original post

Comment

I must confess it sounds ludicrous. Any further details on this would be appreciated.
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
              Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

I might be missing something here but I think we're talking about the reflection of the table lights on the balls ... ie on each and every ball you can see the table lights ...

can that help you make the pot? well yes, I think it can because it's one of the many visual "clues" we all use ... but only one of many so I certainly wouldn't consciously think about it or use it as my main "line of aim" ...

Comment

But you move to a different club with different lights and you miss every shot, or your club gets energy saving bulbs and your doomed!
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

I think it may work if your light is always the same on the tables that you are on and you just recognize the way the pot looks in relation to the light so you know where to hit it. Kind of like driving on a familiar road every day so you recognize the scenery and dont need to think much.

I think they must have a basic method like ghost ball or fraction ball that they use when they cannot see the angles. With most shots they know, they just see the angles--they think they are looking at the light, while in fact they just recognize the angle and know where to aim because they have seen it and made it so many times.
                    www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Working...
                    X