TSF Coaching Thread..new feel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSF Coaching Thread..new feel.

What would you like to see included in the Coaching Thread that is aimed at you personally? If we take screw, stun, top etc..as red what would YOU like to read in the thread?

I hope to help as many people as I can and no doubt others do too so help me to help you all with loads of ideas here:
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    What would you like to see included in the Coaching Thread that is aimed at you personally? If we take screw, stun, top etc..as red what would YOU like to read in the thread?

I hope to help as many people as I can and no doubt others do too so help me to help you all with loads of ideas here:
    hi RR ... only my thoughts but could we have say 3 or 4 coaching threads such as ...

(a) coaching for HB less than 22
    (b) coaching for HB 23 to 50
    (c) coaching for HB 51 to 80
    (d) coaching for HB 81 to 155

the reason for suggesting it is because it seems to me, whilst we all play the same beautiful game, coaching for say players in group (d) is completely lost on (a) or vice versa etc ...
    Last edited by DandyA; 9 March 2009, 03:04 AM.

Comment

how about a basics section with grip stance etc. in it?
      dandys suggestion is also good
      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

....some nice suggestions here, and helpful thread Roy.

I'd find it useful too, if there was a 'practice routine thread' for specific shots, for eg: long potting; playing safety; playing with side; stun etc. [I've got my own routines that I practice regularly, but always interested to learn about other ones that work for the guys.].......
        sigpic

Comment

ive been thinking about taking a video of myself playing, posting it on youtube and asking for some suggestions about things i could fix with my cue action.
          will have to try and get onto it over the next few weeks
          New Zealands biggest snooker fan

Comment

What about a sort of interactive shot analysis? What I mean is a table where you could draw balls in specific positions and ask for advice on shot selection. This way you can see what others would do in such and such a position ...
            Last edited by KeithinFrance; 9 March 2009, 04:25 PM.
            Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
              hi RR ... only my thoughts but could we have say 3 or 4 coaching threads such as ...

(a) coaching for HB less than 22
              (b) coaching for HB 23 to 50
              (c) coaching for HB 51 to 80
              (d) coaching for HB 81 to 155

the reason for suggesting it is because it seems to me, whilst we all play the same beautiful game, coaching for say players in group (d) is completely lost on (a) or vice versa etc ...
              This would be simply fantastic and something I have been searching the internet for since I took up the game... Whether its absence is because it is not as clear-cut as something like this would require I don't know but if at all possible please include this. It is certainly a way of making the coaching section reach out to both new and experienced players.

I know for sure that sometimes I feel that as a new player I either just (a) keep at it and "hope" that whatever I'm doing is beneficial to the development of my game or (b) require a coach - Something I am not personally in the position to do, nor really willing to being so new into the game and not wanting to invest too heavily... I'm here to enjoy it, not get too serious!

This would be a simply fantastic section.

I would really enjoy any section that is simply a coaching regime - Something that a person of a set skill set can follow that it sure to assist in their game.

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
              What about a sort of interactive shot analysis? What I mean is a table where you could draw balls in specific positions and ask for advice on shot selection. This way you can see what others would in such and such a position ...
              This is probably even better than the first, though certainly from a coders point of view has the potential to be particularly difficult to implement... Now I don't know if the same people who write the material will be responsible for its implementation or if somebody else will be doing this, but I don't think it is something a beginner can do... Whilst it would be very easy to show an experienced player a photograph or diagram and them to produce an answer, it is difficult to get the computer to repeat this correctly every time. And of course, if the computer makes some kind of error, then people may end up practising wrong shots all of the time... Whenever you give a computer too much control you simply have to make sure that you supply enough boundaries so that it cannot go wrong.

I really hope somebody is experienced enough to implement this; It would be a definitive snooker resource, but I know I personally would find this quite difficult to implement it (Certainly at the level of complexity that I envisage the final application would work at).

An alternative if this is not possible (Because the idea remains superb) is to have a weekly slot where people can email in diagrams/photos and one of the coaching staff can post up their advice for slot selection on it. Sure, there will be few less possible per week but no doubt the advice would be much better and far more specific.

Comment

Some great suggestions so far and all have been noted. Keith your idea is superb although as pointed out im not sure how difficult it would be to implement but ill certainly look into it. What else do YOU want to see?
                Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread Roy, as I will be writing some coaching articles as well. We need ideas!

This could be called: Snooker Coaching, Only on TSF!

bongo

Comment

A mix of discription and video might be useful Roy, makes it a bit more user friendly.

We once discussed the stunrun thro shot to someone who did not grasp what we ment about how the shot is played so I posted a video of the shot to explain if you remember.

Roy the VIDEO STAR.I can see it now bright lights big city. Today the TSF forum tomorrow X factor champion.

Comment

Originally Posted by KeithinFrance View Post
                      What about a sort of interactive shot analysis? What I mean is a table where you could draw balls in specific positions and ask for advice on shot selection. This way you can see what others would do in such and such a position ...
                      That would be awesome...
                      http://snooker147blog.com

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
                        Thanks for starting this thread Roy, as I will be writing some coaching articles as well. We need ideas!

This could be called: Snooker Coaching, Only on TSF!

bongo
                        Hey Bongo yes im aware of us two writing for this but not sure of any others? We need to know what YOU guys/gals want though as well as our basic/intermediate.advanced material.

Comment

Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
                          A mix of discription and video might be useful Roy, makes it a bit more user friendly.

We once discussed the stunrun thro shot to someone who did not grasp what we ment about how the shot is played so I posted a video of the shot to explain if you remember.

Roy the VIDEO STAR.I can see it now bright lights big city. Today the TSF forum tomorrow X factor champion.

Lol thank you 1lawyer but I intend to be an aid in all your games and nothing more.

Comment

Would really look forward to some good coaching advice. In my area there are no coaches available.
                            The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

Originally Posted by Wayne G View Post
                              Would really look forward to some good coaching advice. In my area there are no coaches available.
                              Hey Wayne

I am but just one of many members here who will listen to your problems and try their utmost to help so please feel free to PM me or simply keep this thread going with any problems, no matter how trivial you feel they might be, and hopefully improve your game.

Comment

Working...
                              X