1st Coaching session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st Coaching session

My 10 year old Mark has only been playing since late January and hs been about a dozen times, and over that time has come on quite a bit, from not being to hit the ball consistantly to potting a few balls and recently a lucky 21 break.

He had his 1st coaching session tonight with local coach Mick Caddy, and even though it was only half an hour to start it has really changed his game. I can honestly not believe the difference 30 mins could have made, he has improved 100%. When i have been trying to show him he hasnt really grasped what im telling him and his aim could be either ok or even the wrong side of the ball but he now seems to have a good uderstanding of what he needs to do, and his cueing has become smoother and is hitting the ball miles better. He also learned a proper stance and lining his feet up...I never even thought of telling him where to put his feet!!! But the main thing is he is not rushing, he is aiming and taking his time stroking the cue a few times before a pause then pushing the cue through. No matter how many times i told him this he took no notice at all but 30mins with a proper coach he's doing it like he's done it for years. Im well chuffed for him

Superb! Great to hear mate. What did he say when he finished the coaching did he enjoy it for example?
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
      Superb! Great to hear mate. What did he say when he finished the coaching did he enjoy it for example?
      Yea he loved it, he said he cant wait for next week. the only thing im not too pleased about is he kept pointing out all the things i was doing wrong when i played him after

But seriously m8 you were bang on when you said it would improve his game, i did believe you but didnt think it would be such an improvement in just one 30min session.
      I'm really pleased for him, all the crap he has gone through in the last few years with illness he has had to give up most of his other activities and sports, snooker has given him something to look forward to, and his confidence is starting to come back. :snooker:

Comment

Sorry to hear about his illnesses mate really but im so glad that he seems to be enjoying his snooker. As I said it will improve his game dramatically and he is at just the right age to take notice of what is being said and turn that into one of a 2nd nature with, hopefully, no bad habits.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
        X