X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQYk...A1B58A&index=9

I was just trying to find a video of Fu making a century, although I see this shot quite often, and I have some difficulty playing it. Look at 1.15 in the clip, how do you play that? Is there any side applied?
    These shots are much more difficult on club tables than professional tables with ultra fast cloths
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Is played with a jabbing action or a follow through?

Comment

A little follow through will always be better than a jab.
        It's the speed/spin combination that has to be right...

Comment

Anyone have any problems with their game/technique im extremely bored!
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Plenty of problems Roy... The more I practice the worse I get!!! I tested the theory by not practicing durng my exams... Played better yesterday after our last one... Its very strange.... Further evidence will appear tomorrow because i'm playing again

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
              Plenty of problems Roy... The more I practice the worse I get!!! I tested the theory by not practicing durng my exams... Played better yesterday after our last one... Its very strange.... Further evidence will appear tomorrow because i'm playing again
              How many hours a week do you practice Rob? And do you practice solo or matchplay?
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

Varies. Usually go once a week for 6 hours ish with my mate or 3 hours on my own. Practice potting blacks, lineup, just spreading the balls, but the mroe i play the less consistant I get, its strange... Sometimes i stay for an hour or two after my mate leaves to practice on my own.

Comment

A great routine someone on here actually asked me to do myself which is a great one>

place the pink and black on their respective spots. In hand place the pink wherever you like but the aim is to pot pink then black then back up for the pink then black etc etc and see how many times you can do this out of ten. Potting pink and black would be one successful attempt. Give it a go its fun/infuriating.

Comment

I could manage half a time... But only if i put the pink right over the pocket
                    Im still failing with blacks yet alone blacks and pinks

I am quite good at taking pinks or reds from parallel to them on the side cusion though... And green or yellow from below the blue. I cant understand why pros take the blue and travel all the way round the table on some shots, the yellow and green are much easier.

Comment

Yes they are sometimes but that extra 2/3 points can sometimes make all the difference.

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                        A great routine someone on here actually asked me to do myself which is a great one>

place the pink and black on their respective spots. In hand place the pink wherever you like but the aim is to pot pink then black then back up for the pink then black etc etc and see how many times you can do this out of ten. Potting pink and black would be one successful attempt. Give it a go its fun/infuriating.
                        Good drill Roy... one I do often myself.
                        Another simpler yet perhaps even more challenging one that will ultimately erase any fear of potting blacks off the spot from all angles is to just shoot the black.
                        That's right. Just the black.
                        Cueball in hand shoot black off it's spot playing shape on "next" black.
                        Respot. Shoot. Respot. Shoot.
                        I will send you a personally autographed photo of... um... me,
                        if you can pot 25 blacks in a row without touching the cueball.

=o)

Noel

Comment

WITHOUT touching the cueball? Ill throw one in of myself!

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                            Good drill Roy... one I do often myself.
                            Another simpler yet perhaps even more challenging one that will ultimately erase any fear of potting blacks off the spot from all angles is to just shoot the black.
                            That's right. Just the black.
                            Cueball in hand shoot black off it's spot playing shape on "next" black.
                            Respot. Shoot. Respot. Shoot.
                            I will send you a personally autographed photo of... um... me,
                            if you can pot 25 blacks in a row without touching the cueball.

=o)

Noel
                            You owe me a photo Noel...
                            No touching the cueball... so i leave that in baulk
                            Then i just hit the black directly into the pocket 25 times with my cue. Easy!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                              You owe me a photo Noel...
                              No touching the cueball... so i leave that in baulk
                              Then i just hit the black directly into the pocket 25 times with my cue. Easy!
                              Who said anything about cue then?

=o\

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
                                WITHOUT touching the cueball? Ill throw one in of myself!

Please don't.
                                With you hand mate, hand.

Video your 25 black pots off the spot.

=o)

Noel

PS. It's SO late you guys are way more pis*ed than me!

Comment

Working...
                                X