• Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    Wow my threads gone mad! Good discussions fellas
    thx for lending me your thread

And good to have an expert ready to help us - keep up the good work

Comment

• This post will get the thread back on subject

I've got a serious problem with playing with the white against a cushion . I just miscue it if i keep a low cue angle and if i increase the cue angle its very hard to pot a ball as i can't sight the ball ! I'm too busy looking at the white avoiding a miscue that I can't pot the ball . I can't even pot the cue ball directly to the corner pocket .

Its probably because I always play with screw or stun , I don't like using top much . I usually play 8-ball which makes the cushion problem a MAJOR WEAKNESS . I'm using a 10mm tip , should I buy a smaller tip for cueing over the cushion , 8mm?

thanks in advance

Comment

• Originally Posted by samad View Post
        This post will get the thread back on subject

I've got a serious problem with playing with the white against a cushion . I just miscue it if i keep a low cue angle and if i increase the cue angle its very hard to pot a ball as i can't sight the ball ! I'm too busy looking at the white avoiding a miscue that I can't pot the ball . I can't even pot the cue ball directly to the corner pocket .

Its probably because I always play with screw or stun , I don't like using top much . I usually play 8-ball which makes the cushion problem a MAJOR WEAKNESS . I'm using a 10mm tip , should I buy a smaller tip for cueing over the cushion , 8mm?

thanks in advance

Well from a cushion you can only apply top to the white anyway. I use a 10mm and have no trouble cueing from cushions so the fault is likely to be in your technique. Trt shortening your backswing when faced with this kind of shot and also try holding your cue a bit further up to give you more "feel" for the shot. Try this and post back your results.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Krypton View Post
          thx for lending me your thread

And good to have an expert ready to help us - keep up the good work
          Im certainly no expert but ill do all I can to help as many people as I can
          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

Comment

• Great thread RR

Well the shot I have the most difficulty with is the blue into middle pocket. I nearly always undercut and hit the far jaw or overcut it by a mile. I suspect it's got to do with my angle / sighting, as I do use the ghost ball method to pot balls. However, I manage to pot pretty much everything else with this method.

This shot for me becomes much more complicated if I were to try and stun the cue ball ever so lightly to gain position on the next red between blue and pink (assuming I'm on the top side of blue). The delicate stun catches me out, and is when I hit the far jaw or end up having too much pace on the object ball for it to roll in.

Any advice would be appreciated, the blue ball is a real lifesaver when both pink/black are tied up with reds!

Comment

• Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
              Any kind of cut greater than 1/4 ball on the blue in middle pockets
              I always aim to the far jaw of the middle pocket, and it's been working for me with no much problem. not sure if this could help you.:snooker:

Comment

• My problem lately is every pot in the middle pocket, especially cuts in the middle pocket...i don't know what to do and i'm getting really frustrated! And funny thing is that i never had that problem before, it just popped out last month or so... PLEASE HELP
                ...cue is our weapon, and we know how to kill...

Comment

• Potting

Hi,
                  I need some help on potting angles. I'm usually not bad at full ball, quarter ball and half ball, and i still need practice on 3/4 ball, but that's not my issue now.
                  When I get down on a shot, after assessing the line of aim, my mind is always in a conflict. I know that if I cue straight, the ball will pot, but my mind nags me to readjust my aim, and what finally happens is that after I am down on the shot, i'm doing a lot of fine tuning and take too much time on the shot. I usually pot the ball anyway, but this ruins my confidence.
                  Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone got any tips?

Comment

• I always have a slight problem hitting the thin ones as I often hit them toom thick, it's a work in progress though.

Comment

• When playing shots with heavy screw/ top, I have a tendancy to flick the cue when I follow through. This does not result in any worse shots than I would normally expect! Is this poor technique?
                      “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

Apologies if this kind of question has been asked before although I cant remember since Ive joined.

Is there a particular shot that you always seem to miss? Always too thick, too thin, play it too hard, catch the near knuckle, far or just get down and expect to miss as your track record with similar angles is just too poor.

Let me and the forum know and hopefully between us all we can help.
                        Those shots where you have to hit a coloured ball and make it go into the pocket

Comment

• Originally Posted by kcohentan View Post
                          Great thread RR

Well the shot I have the most difficulty with is the blue into middle pocket. I nearly always undercut and hit the far jaw or overcut it by a mile. I suspect it's got to do with my angle / sighting, as I do use the ghost ball method to pot balls. However, I manage to pot pretty much everything else with this method.

This shot for me becomes much more complicated if I were to try and stun the cue ball ever so lightly to gain position on the next red between blue and pink (assuming I'm on the top side of blue). The delicate stun catches me out, and is when I hit the far jaw or end up having too much pace on the object ball for it to roll in.

Any advice would be appreciated, the blue ball is a real lifesaver when both pink/black are tied up with reds!

Yes I would say it is your sighting that is the problem so simply put the blue on its spot and spend hours and hours over the coming weeks potting blue off its spot from every position you feel uncomfortable with until it feels natural.

Comment

• Originally Posted by submarine View Post
                            When playing shots with heavy screw/ top, I have a tendancy to flick the cue when I follow through. This does not result in any worse shots than I would normally expect! Is this poor technique?
                            Do you mean you hit the white twice hence fouling?

Comment

• Originally Posted by nutscrewsandbolts View Post
                              Hi,
                              I need some help on potting angles. I'm usually not bad at full ball, quarter ball and half ball, and i still need practice on 3/4 ball, but that's not my issue now.
                              When I get down on a shot, after assessing the line of aim, my mind is always in a conflict. I know that if I cue straight, the ball will pot, but my mind nags me to readjust my aim, and what finally happens is that after I am down on the shot, i'm doing a lot of fine tuning and take too much time on the shot. I usually pot the ball anyway, but this ruins my confidence.
                              Does this happen to anyone else? Anyone got any tips?
                              Just clear your mind, keep it as simple as possible and hit that white in the centre as much as possible.

Comment

Do you mean you hit the white twice hence fouling?
                                No, I have a clean contact with the white but then seem to raise the tip of the cue so the cue finishes several inches above the table in an uncontrolled fashion and not resting on my bridge hand.
                                “There are a lot of good players capable of winning the title but as long as I’m still in it they’ve got a headache.” Stephen Hendry

Comment

Working...
                                X