X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGCirencester
    replied
    Varies. Usually go once a week for 6 hours ish with my mate or 3 hours on my own. Practice potting blacks, lineup, just spreading the balls, but the mroe i play the less consistant I get, its strange... Sometimes i stay for an hour or two after my mate leaves to practice on my own.

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
    Plenty of problems Roy... The more I practice the worse I get!!! I tested the theory by not practicing durng my exams... Played better yesterday after our last one... Its very strange.... Further evidence will appear tomorrow because i'm playing again
    How many hours a week do you practice Rob? And do you practice solo or matchplay?

Leave a comment:

• RGCirencester
    replied
    Plenty of problems Roy... The more I practice the worse I get!!! I tested the theory by not practicing durng my exams... Played better yesterday after our last one... Its very strange.... Further evidence will appear tomorrow because i'm playing again

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Anyone have any problems with their game/technique im extremely bored!

Leave a comment:

• mooneyy
    replied
    A little follow through will always be better than a jab.
    It's the speed/spin combination that has to be right...

Leave a comment:

• gettingbetter
    replied
    Is played with a jabbing action or a follow through?

Leave a comment:

• RGCirencester
    replied
    Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skQYk...A1B58A&index=9

I was just trying to find a video of Fu making a century, although I see this shot quite often, and I have some difficulty playing it. Look at 1.15 in the clip, how do you play that? Is there any side applied?
    These shots are much more difficult on club tables than professional tables with ultra fast cloths

Leave a comment:

• lkomarci
    replied

I was just trying to find a video of Fu making a century, although I see this shot quite often, and I have some difficulty playing it. Look at 1.15 in the clip, how do you play that? Is there any side applied?
    it's just a powered stun shot. the cue ball deflects 90 degrees off the object ball

Leave a comment:

• stjimmy18-1991
    replied

thats a stun/stun-run through, which widens the angle slightly and the ball skids across the cloth. no side at all, its one of thouse touch shots which ronnie is so good at. knowing exactly where to strike the ball and how hard to hit it is key in them shots. somewhere near dead middle though.

Leave a comment:

• gettingbetter
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stjimmy18-1991
    replied
    hey roy, you're doing awesome on this thread and ive enjoyed reading some of it. i have a question, regarding reverse side.

i just cant get the screw!

eg dead straight on the black, if i was playing the shot without side, i would screw back perfectly off the cushion, but as soon as i go to play a reverse side shot, i stun the white and when i look closely, the white is spinning on its axis due to all the sidespin.

therefore i am getting the side and not the screw, but i can screw back perfectly anyways, its just the reverse side shot. any tips would be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• gettingbetter
    replied
    Yeah, its worth a try next time I practice.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• MattCash
    replied
    lol, i'll always make time for a few hours of practice :snooker::snooker:

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
    ok, id be tempted to screw the white in and out of baulk
    Hhmmm rather you than me mate! Hows your game coming along or havent you had much table time cos of your GCSE'S? (good luck with them btw they must be coming up soon)

Leave a comment:

• MattCash
    replied
    Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    Yes Matt thats how I understood his position to mean.
    ok, id be tempted to screw the white in and out of baulk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X