X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pottr
    replied
    Particular type of shot

Every now again I struggle with simple pinks into the corners... Usually when I'm lazy with my stance

I know it happens... I know how to stop it and alas it occasionally creeps in

Leave a comment:

• Looter
    replied
    Originally Posted by markz View Post
    Here you go looter, take a look at this video. High on black to yellow.

https://youtu.be/Z7qO6ecMTPQ
    Thanks going to be a massive help, thanks for that!

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by Looter View Post
    I've got a couple of bogey shots:

1. Potting the black to get onto the yellow when you're high on the black (cue ball same side as the green). Got no problem potting the black but I can never get onto the yellow perfectly using the side cushion, I can't seem to visualise what line the cue ball needs to take.

2. Potting a red and using the cushion to send the white across the table to get high on the blue. The pro's seem to play it as a bread and butter shot, but to me there's a small margin for error, I either cannon the blue or go in-off!
    Here you go looter, take a look at this video. High on black to yellow.

https://youtu.be/Z7qO6ecMTPQ
    Last edited by markz; 11 December 2016, 09:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Looter
    replied
    I've got a couple of bogey shots:

1. Potting the black to get onto the yellow when you're high on the black (cue ball same side as the green). Got no problem potting the black but I can never get onto the yellow perfectly using the side cushion, I can't seem to visualise what line the cue ball needs to take.

2. Potting a red and using the cushion to send the white across the table to get high on the blue. The pro's seem to play it as a bread and butter shot, but to me there's a small margin for error, I either cannon the blue or go in-off!

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    The pocket is always bigger than the ball...

The only thing that should dictate pace is position.
    So much easier on a well maintained quick table. Can just stroke the ball around.

Leave a comment:

• tomwalker147
    replied
    Originally Posted by markz View Post
    I'm always on to my mate about pocket weight as he is always over hitting his shots and either misses or loses position. Think pocket weight for a beginner means just drop it in with no thought of position, the way I think of it now is playing the pot to get position at the pace that keeps accuracy higher and getting position as well.
    I think "I want the cue ball to go there" then play the pot hard enough for the cue ball to be where I want it to be, simples.
    Don't see anything wrong with less able players rolling them in though to give themselves the best chance of a pot.

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied
    The pocket is always bigger than the ball...

The only thing that should dictate pace is position.

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by pottr View Post
    I wouldn't advocate this... Rolling balls in leaves room for a kick, OB to hit a finger mark, a piece of dust or even simply roll off...

Always play pots at a comfortable pace when you can.
    I'm always on to my mate about pocket weight as he is always over hitting his shots and either misses or loses position. Think pocket weight for a beginner means just drop it in with no thought of position, the way I think of it now is playing the pot to get position at the pace that keeps accuracy higher and getting position as well.

Leave a comment:

• pottr
    replied
    around the pink spot depending on what angle i have to play with, i try to guage the shot power so the ball trickles in. i aim for just inside the far knuckle as the nap pulls down table, the pace of the shot against the nap should pull it in towards the pocket. risks not being pacey enough sometimes and leaving one up.
    I wouldn't advocate this... Rolling balls in leaves room for a kick, OB to hit a finger mark, a piece of dust or even simply roll off...

Always play pots at a comfortable pace when you can.

Leave a comment:

• jrc750
    replied
    Originally Posted by Lee-Barker View Post
    around the pink spot depending on what angle i have to play with, i try to guage the shot power so the ball trickles in. i aim for just inside the far knuckle as the nap pulls down table, the pace of the shot against the nap should pull it in towards the pocket. risks not being pacey enough sometimes and leaving one up.

I mean im only a mid 30 break player but i just try to study the behavior and characteristics of the table. Depends how often you play on the same table too as all will play slightly different and all need adjusting to accordingly. Experiment!!!
    You must not be playing for position on next ball then if you just trickle the pinks in ?
    Very rare to not have to play a stun/screw/run thro which you can't do if just playing dead weight

Leave a comment:

• Lee-Barker
    replied
    Originally Posted by jonny66 View Post
    I always struggle potting balls from around the pink spot into the centre bags, they always hit either the far knuckle and bounce off or catch the near one. I read somewhere that I need to aim differently for a slow roller because of the nap.

I mean im only a mid 30 break player but i just try to study the behavior and characteristics of the table. Depends how often you play on the same table too as all will play slightly different and all need adjusting to accordingly. Experiment!!!

Leave a comment:

• Lee-Barker
    replied
    Originally Posted by dantuck_7 View Post
    How about shots where you have to cue from under the cushion - never been comfortable with these.
    Think we are all uncomfortable with playing off cushion shots.

Leave a comment:

• Bobbyruss2010
    replied
    Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
    hit it thinner
    Thanks ever so much for this brilliant advice

Leave a comment:

• markz
    replied
    Originally Posted by Bobbyruss2010 View Post
    My shot in which I miss too often:

White ball couple mm's off the side cushion, cueing towards the balk colours / potting the green from the side cushion with over half the table as distance. I always catch it thick.

Any tips?
    Set it up 20 times and play it again and again to learn each time you play the shot and make adjustments where you think you need to. Just a matter of getting used to playing the shot and it will give you more confidence when it comes up in a frame.

Leave a comment:

• Byrom
    replied
    hit it thinner

Leave a comment:

Working...
X