X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by Forman View Post
    is the theory behind this that the side on the cue ball transfers to the object ball and makes the ball enter the pocket more easily when hitting the far jaw?

im pretty skeptical about transfered side from cue ball to objectball to be honest.
    ive always thought that if youre not concerned with position then the easiest and most accurate way to pot any ball is to play the shot plain ball.
    Your absolutely right. Im a firm believer that 50-75% of your shots should, if possible, be played plain ball. Just with this particular shot running side (really going "into" the object ball assists the pocket. Dont ask me why just does.

Leave a comment:

• Forman
    replied
    Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    Learn to play these shots with "Running side" on the cueball as it will help the pocket accept the pot more.
    is the theory behind this that the side on the cue ball transfers to the object ball and makes the ball enter the pocket more easily when hitting the far jaw?

im pretty skeptical about transfered side from cue ball to objectball to be honest.
    ive always thought that if youre not concerned with position then the easiest and most accurate way to pot any ball is to play the shot plain ball.

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stunrunthru View Post
    I agree Running side will throw the object ball towards the near jaw (or centre if you miss them to the far jaw as I am). I will try next time I practice.

But you often see the professionals punch these in plain ball.

I suppose the pros are better than us and therefore they can play the shot is one way of looking at it.
    Indeed. I always find that "Running side" helps me in this type of shot. Punching, if you can master it, is good too just dont "Jab" at it.

Leave a comment:

• Stunrunthru
    replied
    Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
    Learn to play these shots with "Running side" on the cueball as it will help the pocket accept the pot more.
    I agree Running side will throw the object ball towards the near jaw (or centre if you miss them to the far jaw as I am). I will try next time I practice.

But you often see the professionals punch these in plain ball.

I suppose the pros are better than us and therefore they can play the shot is one way of looking at it.

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by snookerloopy_08 View Post
    also, screwing back on long pots. No matter how hard i try i cant screw an inch.
    Hey Matt. The deep screw is, IMO, one of the toughest to master. Your cueing needs to be inch perfect and your follow through, again IMO, 6-8 inches. All I can suggest is when your down on the shot and youve played it STAY DOWN. See where the tip of your cue is facing..is it left/right of the pocket? It must be BANG in the centre. (If a straight pot) Practice..practice..practice!!

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by Forman View Post
    Dead straight on the black cue ball about 8 inches off the side cushion trying to screw back off the cushion,
    i always either miss the pot or dont get into the cue ball enough and the white finishes on the cushion.
    i never feel very confident when using that bridge where the cue rests on the cushion and youre first finger sits over top of it.
    Laugh out loud Forman quite simply because I know exactly what you mean. If your like me (Which I hope for your sake your not ) When you play this shot youve got about 4/5 things in your mind..dont miss the pot..follow through..dont be too hard..too soft..etc..THEN...
    You miss the pot!!

Just like EVERY other shot dont take the pot for granted. Concentrate first and foremost on the pot. If you pot and dont get position you can run safe. If you miss and too you could lose the frame. Again practice a few like this in practice and maybe place a few reds near the pink and try coming off the side cushion and developing them.

The bottom line with this 1 Forman is MAKE THE POT.

Leave a comment:

• MattCash
    replied
    also, screwing back on long pots. No matter how hard i try i cant screw an inch.

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by 1lawyer View Post
    blind angle shots. Cutbacks into a blind pocket.
    Now my good friend 1lawyer. A very difficult shot indeed. Forget all thoughts about going in-off and concentrate on the pot fully. I know you rate the ghost ball technique so try sighting these types of shots this way in practice.

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by Theguywithaplan View Post
    shots where the white and object ball are a couple of inches apart.
    These TECHNICALLY should be easier as there is less margin for error in your technique of these shots. Make sure you have sighted the shot correctly and dont be afraid of "jabbing" at the cueball and ensure a nice free-flowing follow through

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by Stunrunthru View Post
    with the object ball around 2-3 inches off the side cushion and the white about six - eight inches off the side cushion.

I tend to miss these shots to the far jaw more often than not so I have tried to catch these thicker so that they go nearer the pocket.

What do you think Willie?

Leave a comment:

• Forman
    replied
    Dead straight on the black cue ball about 8 inches off the side cushion trying to screw back off the cushion,
    i always either miss the pot or dont get into the cue ball enough and the white finishes on the cushion.
    i never feel very confident when using that bridge where the cue rests on the cushion and youre first finger sits over top of it.

Leave a comment:

• 1lawyer
    replied
    blind angle shots. Cutbacks into a blind pocket.

Leave a comment:

• Theguywithaplan
    replied
    shots where the white and object ball are a couple of inches apart.

Leave a comment:

• Stunrunthru
    replied
    with the object ball around 2-3 inches off the side cushion and the white about six - eight inches off the side cushion.

I tend to miss these shots to the far jaw more often than not so I have tried to catch these thicker so that they go nearer the pocket.

What do you think Willie?

Leave a comment:

• RocketRoy1983
    replied
    Originally Posted by JoeNut View Post
    i always miss a really easy blue to middle thats just off straight, if it's straight, or quarter ball im fine, but if it's really close to being straight for some reason i just always miss, i think it's more psychological since i missed one a while back
    Yes pot a few in practice and take that into your match Joe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X