Vid Of Me Playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vid Of Me Playing

here's just a short vid of me practicing the line up at my club and getting a little 51 break. just wanted to know anyones thoughts on my cue action and technique and any thoughts in general really.

thanks, heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E96RAk_ZWsQ
    Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
    HB match: 81

Originally Posted by stjimmy18-1991 View Post
    here's just a short vid of me practicing the line up at my club and getting a little 51 break. just wanted to know anyones thoughts on my cue action and technique and any thoughts in general really.

thanks, heres the link:

You look as if your well on your way, you and I are around the same level I think. Im still waiting on 1st hundred aswell, hitting 80's and 90's every week now but its still just out my reach.

I know the line up is just a break-building drill, but I treat it as I would a break in a frame, ie getting rid of any problem balls as soon as possible and with cue ball in hand the first red I want rid of is the one above the black which then gives more options right away.

I noticed you took the one below the pink first and you were then running through the line of position for the black, this then led to a positional shot which again required pin point judgement as you were coming off the cushion and through the line of position for the red above the black. As it happened the cue ball finished just short and you had to canon the red above it to stay on for the black.

Im not saying what you did doesn't work cause clearly it does and you made a 51 break but for me I'd get rid of that red obstructing the black and play along the line of position as much as possible.

Good break though, I enjoyed watching it and I'm sure you'll do fine with or without my advice.

Cheers

Derek

Comment

indeed, you should have taken pink there...

ever tried to slow down on the final backswing and pause at the end? might improve your pace/feeling

Comment

thanks for both your comments. yeah i know what your talking about, ive been playing the game since march 2008. thats awesome that you're getting 80's and 90's, my highest is 79 in the line up but i have had loads of 60's and 50's.

yeah defo should of taken the pink there, i didnt even look at it! amazing what you can see when you film yourself and look back, but i did fancy that yellow and do pot a decent percentage of them, just not this time =[

yeah ive never really paid much attention to the final backswing.

Comment

thanks, heres the link:

Hi you look like your really into your snooker mate. Have a look at my Maximum in line-up that i posted http://www.youtube.com/user/longpotter
          Try using 5 reds under the black like i do! its cruel, but rewarding!!!:snooker: :snooker: :snooker:
          Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
          https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Both you guys... !!
            Great that you would post these... very enjoyable and impressive practice.
            It makes me grin with delight to realize that this kind of sharing has never been available before but now is!
            Cheers!

=o)

Noel

Comment

stjimmy the only thing i noticed was your cannoning into reds and moving them from the line which makes things alot harder if you watch inevermissblue he takes them off in order i know your not on the same level as him but start trying to do it without moving balls it will make things alot easier

Comment

From what i could see you seem to have a nice cue action..
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                  From what i could see you seem to have a nice cue action..
                  do you mean me or inevermissblue?

Comment

do you mean me or inevermissblue?
                    I mean you..
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                      I mean you..
                      thanks

im concentrating alot on keeping my head and body still lately.
                      Last edited by stjimmy18-1991; 28 July 2009, 04:54 PM. Reason: touch more info

Comment

people are saying bout pink or yellow.. did u consider dropping blue in middle and cannoning the red above it towords the yellow pocket or was the angle not there ??cue action looks good apart from a pause just before u are about to hit white ball.. u look a little cramped up because you are tall.. ever thought about widening your stance to a more solid base ?? these things may make you worse.. if so go back to how u prefer ..
                        little things make a differance. ronnie has a coach so he changes little things so he is better so why should it be differant to u
                        Home internationals England u16 B

Comment

I would definately advise you to slow down in your initial addressing of the cueball. The slower the more control you should have over the white.
                          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

thanks for all your suggestions/comments/advice, they will all be taken on board for my next practice. im really trying to get my cue action down to a tee and would really like one similar to neil robertson - his cue power is amazing, although it doesnt help playing on slow club tables.

can you ellaborate on the statment about my pause snooker loopy?

rocketroy - do you mean my feathers are rather quick or am i getting down too quick? sometimes i do get an impression as i get down im not getting down on the right line of the shot.

i want to get my cueing ablility and potting right up to scratch since ive been selected to play for my club's team now, my first season.

Comment

Your playing with the wrong hand....No seriously you are looking good wish you luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X