Some videos of me playing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some videos of me playing

Right i thought i would upload some vids of me playing because i really want to improve the videos arent the best or the longest but i thought i would upload them anyway.

video 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4V1J6jc0yQ

video 2 me playing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCYwCGtg3j0

video 3
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsH4RrLZohM

thanks for any comments =D
    Last edited by Malachi-b; 31 July 2009, 01:56 PM.
    Age:17 full time snooker player hoping to get somewhere in the future!

You have a quite a good cue action from what i could see but i do feel as if you should "slow down" a little more as your positional play sometimes suffered because of this.

Good luck & keep practising hard now..
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Im not much of a coach but one thing I noticed is that you are playing quite fast as spike said. One way that may help your play is to create a pre shot routine. This will slow you down and will make you think about where you are trying to put the white ball and object ball.
      Stand behind the white before you take your shot, and think about what you are going to achieve when you strike the white.
      You should do this before each shot so that you dont speed up after you have potted a few balls as some players tend to speed up.
      Good luck with the practice!

Comment

Not to bad.

But when you play a hard screw shot or a semi power shot. You tend to lift your head and your body, resulting in the cue coming up in a scooping action. Try to stay down and still when you hit the ball, just concentrate on moving your cueing arm only and try and count to 2 before getting up or wait until the ball has gone in the pocket and then wait a couple of seconds. If possible try to keep your head perfectly still if you feel the cue on your chin at the completion of the shot you know you have acheived this.

Also when using the rest and cueing up you were miles from the cue ball, try to get the tip a lot closer when cueing up, if you feather the white a couple of times you will no that you are nearly in the right place, and a little ajustment will be all you need. If you are sighting along way from the white, you will find it hard to see if you striking in the correct part, also you will have a scooping action when playing screw shots ect.

Best of luck

Comment

Looking good. I would have to agree about the speed thing but maybe you want to look at the length of your bridge. If you reduce that a bit you will become a more compact player and get a better feel for the shot. I used to be similar to you and I got told to 'shorten up' by Ali Carter when I first started playing him. Hope you find this of use.

Comment

Working...
          X