Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Size Cue Will I Need Concerning My Height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Size Cue Will I Need Concerning My Height?

Hello everyone, I was wondering about the size of cue I will need concerning my height.

I am 5 ft 9 '' - 5 ft 10 '' what size cue will I need?

Add me on MSN as well if you want to talk more about snooker: Daniel_Westhead@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks to all Snooker Forum users from Daniel Westhead.

D.Westhead

There have been previous threads like this. you can find them by using the "search" feature

There is no perfect guideline of what will suit someone of a certain height, It is more about what the individual feels comfortable playing with. Try playing with cues of different lengths to see what feels right for you.

Comment

Ideally the cue should be up to your shoulder height if you stand up straight with the cue standing vertical next to your shoulder, the tip should be in line with your shoulder. For your height, a standard full size cue should be fine.

Comment

Go to your Club and try different sizes rack cues. Any piece that 'feels' right for your playing (try playing with many frames), that's the one
        It's in the Shaft

Comment

Originally Posted by bongo View Post
          Ideally the cue should be up to your shoulder height if you stand up straight with the cue standing vertical next to your shoulder, the tip should be in line with your shoulder. For your height, a standard full size cue should be fine.
          Your height doesn't really have anything to do with the length of cue you require, can be a rough guide but that is about it. A 5 foot tall person can have very long arms, and and 7 foot tall person can have very short arms.

It will also depend on the distance your bridge is from the white and whether you prefer a straight or slightly bent bridge arm. Also it will depend if you hold the cue at the very end or slightly up the butt.

Ideally your back arm should be vertical from elbow to cue when the tip of the cue is at the white. Get down in your address position making sure your back arm is vertical and ask a friend to measure the distance from your grip to the white and that will give you an idea of the length of cue you really need. I always think it is better to have a longer cue than neccesary because you can hold farther up the butt to get the correct postion, however I know many people that do not like holding their cues anywhere except the very end.

Of course if you can try a number of different cues before buying you can buy the one that suits best.
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
            Your height doesn't really have anything to do with the length of cue you require, can be a rough guide but that is about it. A 5 foot tall person can have very long arms, and and 7 foot tall person can have very short arms.

It will also depend on the distance your bridge is from the white and whether you prefer a straight or slightly bent bridge arm. Also it will depend if you hold the cue at the very end or slightly up the butt.

Ideally your back arm should be vertical from elbow to cue when the tip of the cue is at the white. Get down in your address position making sure your back arm is vertical and ask a friend to measure the distance from your grip to the white and that will give you an idea of the length of cue you really need. I always think it is better to have a longer cue than neccesary because you can hold farther up the butt to get the correct postion, however I know many people that do not like holding their cues anywhere except the very end.

Of course if you can try a number of different cues before buying you can buy the one that suits best.
            Yes, quite true RG. I had forgotten about the length of one's arm coming into the equation.

Comment

Originally Posted by Daniel Westhead 147 View Post
              Hello everyone, I was wondering about the size of cue I will need concerning my height.

I am 5 ft 9 '' - 5 ft 10 '' what size cue will I need?

Add me on MSN as well if you want to talk more about snooker: Daniel_Westhead@hotmail.co.uk

Many thanks to all Snooker Forum users from Daniel Westhead.

It depend more on arm length then your height.But I think 57 in length should do the job for you.
              My deep screw shot
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXTv4Dt-ZQ

Comment

Working...
              X