confidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confidence?

recently when i approach the cue ball with the way i feel confident which seem to be (fast speed approach and fast hit ) i find myself potting like 3 out 6 balls with good position but when i miss i realy mess up.

and i basically pot like 2-3 average when im playing with calm full concentration mood.

im wondering wether its good to actually play the way that make you feel confident even if it means that i will be with a faster speed which might be considered negative? or should i slow down even if it didnt maintain my confidence in potting but make me pot ?

Well as you have described it you aren't doing that much better with your confident approach so given your two descriptions I would go with the slow methodical approach and try to improve that way.

You will find you make less errors and those you do make won't be as great as the one you described with your confident way.

What you are describing is in a way a gung ho approach hence the odd shot you mess up on badly because you are rushing it.

Even the fastest players have a set routine and a set pace for their cue delivery, what makes a fast player fast is their mental skills (quick decisions and fast eye for a shot, the ability too read the game quickly) and also they aren't too shabby on their feet between shots either!.
    Last edited by bkpaul; 23 September 2009, 08:34 PM.
    All smelling pistakes (c) my keyboard, I can spell but it can't type

Comment

Originally Posted by bkpaul View Post
      what makes a fast player fast is their mental skills (quick decisions and fast eye for a shot, the ability too read the game quickly) and also they aren't to shabby on their feet between shots either!.
      one of the best description of fast player I have ever seen...
      You cannot improve your game if you don't have a cue and snooker table
      BTW vucko means wolfie

Comment

i guess so

i actually believe that the slow method is really good but im sort of a person who gets distracted fast so i might as well try to find a way be slow and without distraction

Comment

Cheers Vucko, I just wish I could play fast sometimes, especially when I am getting my butt kicked
          All smelling pistakes (c) my keyboard, I can spell but it can't type

Comment

I often feel the opposite.. when I make faster shots which fail, I feel more anger not taking my time properly. After such a fast shot it also feels a longer time to get back into play as you're waiting for your opponent who is doing right taking their time sooo loooong

Comment

Working...
            X