Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grip

Hi everybody ,
    how to make sure that your wrist (grip) is in straight line ?
    i have tendency to twist my wrist out side on certain cut shots
    i want to know the exact point of contact (grip) on cue,
    what part of your finger,palm should be touching the cue ?
    and one more thing iam confused about is,making sure to
    hit the chest after the delevery,i want to know what part
    of the hand should be hitting the chest ?

Check this out:
    http://www.fcsnooker.co.uk/basics/the_grip/the_grip.htm

Comment

Try and get hold of Frank Callans Snooker Coaching clinic or look at the forums as a
      lot of good advice from coaches on this site.

Comment

Just one note-try not to over analyse everything. Most people hold the cue slightly differently. There are a number of threads of here on how to hold the cue and the main idea that everyone seems to agree on is that it should not be too tight and that the back fingers release as the cue goes back. It will be the front of your hand (thumb and 1st finger) that finishes at your chest - it would certainly be difficult to get the back of the hand to hit your chest before the front!
        coaching is not just for the pros
        www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

It's no wonder many snooker players play golf!

Hitting a golf ball is not unlike striking a cueball. You must do it with smooth flowing power with almost exaggerated follow-through.
          One of the most important fundamentals for success stroking in both snooker and golf is The Grip.
          The grip of the golf club is very similar to the snooker cue and clear coaching with careful practice will insure improvement.

If I may... a helpful example... just one thing I can contribute before a true coach
          like Terry or Nic or Del or Roy jumps in...

A husband and wife love to golf together, but neither of them are playing like they want to, so they decide to take private lessons.
          The husband has his lesson first.
          After the pro sees his swing, he says, "No, no, no, you're gripping the club way too hard! "
          "Well, what should I do? ", asks the man."Hold the club gently," the pro replied, "just like you'd hold... ummm... your wife's breast."
          Taking the advice, he takes a swing, and POW! He hits the ball 250 yards straight up the fairway.
          The ecstatic man goes back to his wife with the good news, and the wife can't wait for her lesson.
          The next day the wife goes for her lesson.
          The pro watches her swing and says, "No, no, no, you're gripping the club way too hard."
          "What can I do? " asks the wife.
          "Hold the club gently, just like you'd hold... ummm... your husband's willie."
          The wife listens carefully to the pro's advice, takes a swing, and THUMP -- the ball skips down the fairway about 15 feet.
          "You know, that was a lot better than I expected," the pro says. "Now, take the club out of your mouth and hold it in your hands...."

[ BaddaBumTishhhhhhh!!! ]

=o)

Noel

Comment

Nice one Noel

Comment

Working...
            X