Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aimming off line, then readjusting to the correct line???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aimming off line, then readjusting to the correct line???

Hey all,

Ive been filming myself playing snooker today, for the first time in a while..... i was hoping to see whether i could see any faults in my technique. Anyway, i was watching myself play, and i constantly noticed i would be aimming across the white putting accidently right hand side on the white, however when i pulled back for my final stroke and pushed through, i seemed to readjust back to the correct line, adding no side and cueing straight. However, i consistently seemed to pot like this. However, when i didnt readjust back to the correct line i would miss alot.

My question is, why would i be constantly getting down on the wrong line, yet still pot after readjusting. Surely i must know the correct line if im still potting..... however i cant understand why im getting down on the wrong line. My other question is, if i was on the correct line to begin with, would i still readjust because its habit and start putting left hand side on the ball?

Would it be due to the way im cueing under my eye, or the way im standing ?

Thanks

Do you keep your cue across your chest or is it coming from the side?If it's coming from the side you may use it as a false guideline(and adjust) when coming down.If you have it across your chest you turn your body too far after you placed your left foot.

Comment

from what i can see on the videos......... it looks like im pulling the cue into my chest those moving my tip.But what it seems lik is im lining up with right hand side, then when i pull the cue into my chest by accident, the tip then goes through the center of the ball. I cant seem to line up with the center of the white.... but constantly to the right, even though im accommadating by adjusting !

Comment

seems to me you need to work on your preshot-routine.Stand on the line with cue in front of chest,step step,go down.See where your cue is pointing,if it doesn't feel right then do it again.

Comment

this is the thing tho, from behind the shot im on the correct line, im walking and getting down on the right line.......... but its is as im getting down im doing something that is stopping me putting my cue on the right line - however it cant be my body because i would not be able to readjust afterwards :S :S really annoying me now

Comment

you might be going down across after you placed your feet because in your head you have a sort of false imprinted line from white to objectball.

Comment

any ideas how to avoid this - or is it something to do with the way i sight the table when im stood up ?

Comment

As a said,work on your preshot-routine.It should be and feel the same for every shot.Look at objectball,step step and go down straight.Don't be tempted to make adjustments at this point.You have to be able to trust your preshot routine in order to get confidence.

Comment

Working...
                X