potting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• potting

hi,been playing the game for around 3 months now,really love it,my highest break to date is 33,the thing i struggle with is potting,i pot 2 or 3 balls get position on another,and miss it.i can pot a hard ball then fluff an easy ball,i line it up come down slow,keep still,go to pot and miss,sometimes by some distance,really gets to me.any tips on potting in general,

Have a search about fella, plenty of info in the coaching section....

Don't sound like your doing too badly if you've only been playing 3 months and had a 33 break already, just keep doing what your doing and you will learn the potting angles and line of aim better with practise, but like i said have a search about in the coaching section and you'll find plenty of helpful hints/tips regarding the correct aim/technique etc...

Good luck...:snooker:.....

Comment

Practise yo! =d

Comment

cheers for help,practise practise practise seems to be the one lol

Comment

Do you miss straight pots too? Like perfect position to run through and fludd it. If you do your cue action / set up is lettign you down.
          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Just keep practicing hard and try not to think about beating your break rather than taking your shot because that could be putting you off and losing your concentration.

Have you got enough money to have a coach?

I'm sure that would help you out alot.
            Dark side of the moon

Comment

sometimes wen its perfectly straight i will miss them,OB will go of a a slight angle,sorry what does fludd if mean,novice sorry lol

Comment

sometimes i do chase after a higher break,and more often than not i think i over think on shots,more so when i pot more than 3 or more balls,seems i get nervous about beating my high break,just ****es me off when it comes to a simple shot i will make a mess of it.good game but my god it stresses me out,lol

Comment

Sorry meant fluff it If you miss a straight pot you should put it down the cue action or approach to the shot, as aiming requires little though. If you cannot guarantee that you sent the ball exactly where you are aiming on straight shots then it will be difficult to know whether you missed other balls because you aimed wrong or because of your technique.
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Just play it cool and concentrate hard.
                    Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
                    X